Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Virtual Ports, where?

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I do not see Flex Virtual Ports created in Smart CAT showing up in device manager ports. Should they be there? I am having difficulty accessing these ports by Omni-rig and JT55-HF PTT

Comments

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I had JT65-HT PTT working with a PTT port setup in SmartCAT, but after rebooting the computer I cannot make any SmartCAT generated PTT port work with JT65-HF. I'm looking for help with this
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had to close and reopen sdrCAT to get things working after a reboot sometimes.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We have been experiencing several issues with SmartSDR CAT related to the availability virtual com port drivers and com port enumeration. We are actively working on the issues and hope to have an updated version of SmartSDR CAT in the next version of SmartSDR for Windows
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It works best for me if I start SmartCAT after I start SmartSDR.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I had to completely uninstall SmartCAT, reboot, and reinstall SmartCAT, and things seem to be working again. As Tim said, SmartCAT may have a few issues that need correcting.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Q: I seem to have been having more "Disconnect" issues once I put the 6500 on my LAN instead of connecting directly to the ham shack computer. I have installed SmartSDR, SmartCAT, and DAX on two other computers in the network. Could the fact that CAT stays open on my laptop in the other room even when I am not using it be causing some network interference? The same for DAX? I noticed that once I had left DAX open on my laptop, but closed SmartSDR. I went into the shack and opened up SmartSDR there to monitor some SSB on 40. When I went back to the living room, I heard voices coming out of my computer. I had connected the DAX RX2 line to my laptop speakers using VAC Audio Repeater and it was still playing the audio I was tuning in the hamshack, even though SmartSDR was closed on that computer! Kind of neat, but I wonder if having DAX open on two computers on the LAN at the same time was causing me connection and/or sluggish receiver response?
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I noticed that once Smart CAT fails to load; I reload and reinstall CAT. That solved the problem. Then I follow the same instructions as N5IKD. As a side note to this issue: I went through my computer and deleted all duplicate of SmartSDR, CAT and DAX. Leaving only one (1 ) of each applications. I have not had any issues since.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Due to issues with the transmitted audio in PSK and AFSK, I started using a dedicated PC rather than using the iMAC with a Parallels vm and Win 7. With the dedicated PC running DAX, SCAT, and SSDR all is good, however, when I start Parallels on the iMAC, SCAT starts since I have the SDR software still installed in the vm. I then occasionally get a network disconnect in the vm and SCAT in the vm drops dead. I guess one way to prevent this is to disable the auto startup of SCAT and DAX in the vm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.