Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex QSO with S. Claus

Options
Jim Bryce W5HFS
Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I worked Santa with my 6700 on 14.225. He gave me a solid 5x9 and complimented the great audio. He'll be mobile on the 24th and 25th running his annual delivery route. Details are at OF9X on QRZ.com along with pictures of Jr. Ops and a live feed.

Comments

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Did Santa say what kind of antenna he'd be using? I bet a REAL LONG wire! Earth's circumference is more that 25K miles.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    He'll be using the Rudolphus Redus Spherical Snozolus Radiator providing infinite omnidirectional gain and 1:1 SWR on all bands. He is, after all, Santa, and capable of fantastic feats of engineering. Consider his delivery schedule.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wonder if there is still time to put that antenna on my Xmas List request???? But I think you may have to feed it with hay and grain????
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I think I will try to contact him and ask for some good weather here in Indiana so that I can dig a hole and put up my tower and T-11! What are my chances?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.