Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX Heil Micpohone

W4EY
W4EY Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is there anyway to adapt the HEIL microphone sold by FLEX used with the FLEX 5000A to the New FLEX 6500? It appears that the Push to Talk function and other Audio pins in the Heil microphone do not match the new FLEX Mic pins.. Bill W4EY

Answers

• Marv
    Marv Member
    edited February 2017
    It is my understanding that if you use the Hiel mike successfully on the 5000 you should be able to use it on the 6500 as the pin outs are the same. They are also the same as Yaesu if you use Hiel's adaptor. Marv W0ZK
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Marv: Thanks. Yes the FLEX 5000 Mic uses a Yaesu mic connecting cable. It also fits the Ten-Tec, Orion II and other Yaesu compatible 8 pin connectors. The big difference is that I had to go back to the FOOT switch due to no VOX in the 6500. Missing some of the FLEX 5000A Features. Bill
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I do remember when the preview group started Tim said some 8 pin connectors could be inserted wrong make sure it is lined up correct.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I tried experimenting with the Heil and was able to insert the plug correctly and 180 offset so be careful. The slot on my 6x00 mic receptacle is down at the 6 o'clock position.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.