Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex control does not work

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My Flex control driver installed successfully; however, the Flex control does nothing. Any thoughts on how to make it play> Followed the instructions to the letter.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Mine has worked perfectly, and I've gathered those of many others have. Perhaps there is a need for a reboot of your computer and Flex 60xx?
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    suspect that there is a port conflict some how. When I start the computer, FlexRadio is assigned to 4 hardware ports. When I uninstall them and restart the computer, the 4 ports are again assigned to FlexRadio. I do not see a FlexControl on a port.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Just plugged it into a usb port, rebooted computer and it worked.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Are you plugging it into the computer or the radio usb port, it is supposed to be the computer port. mine works great. Al N4AB
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It seems that the problem is related to USB port assignments. Am trying to get the ports freed up...once they are freed, I suspect it will work.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Is it working yet? If not, I can convert your community topic to a HelpDesk ticket if necessary.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Let me look at it again this weekend,Tim. I think it is a problem with serial port assignments in my Dell computer. If I can't make it work this weekend, will open a help ticket
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It might help to disconnect the FlexControl, then go to Device Manager, view "hidden" devices and delete all of the (I'm sure) multiple FlexControls. Might also check for phantom COM devices and ports while you're there. Reboot and reconnect. Choose the USB port you're going to stick with. Should play! Good luck.
  • W5UG
    W5UG Member
    edited August 2013
    ! had lots of trouble too. It worked originally when the Flex control auto-selected COM4 when it was plugged into my desktop and when my Flex 6500 had first initiated COM15 and COM5. A further start of the 6500 then also created COMs 14 and 4. Apparently there then was a conflict. I tried changing the comport for the FlexControl to a very high COM number with no luck. I also started to get a blue screen on desktop shutdown identifying a "bug code-USB driver" error. I finally repowered the 6500 and it reset to ports 15 & 5 only as it was when I first powered up. I found a USB socket on my desktop that auto-selected COM3 and when I plugged in the FlexControl it worked. It has continued to work since, even though the 6500 has since gone ahead and now created COM14 and COM4 again for itself in addition to COMs 15 & 5. I don't know why it needs to create the other pair. I have since connected my FT1000MP (only) through a microHAM MK2R+ to the desktop and my WRITELOG program is seeing both radios properly for SO2R. The MK2R+ created ELTIMA virtual serial posts: 1,2,7&8 to connect it to WRITELOG. I hope my experience is some help..... Good Luck.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    George - did you get your issue resolved?
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    My Flex Control works as it should. The problem was that there was a conflict in serial ports that were assigned by a serial utility. I removed the ports, rebooted the computer and all is well! I have to add two logging ports back in for the F1.5K logging, so will have to be a bit careful.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.