Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Control capabilities (now, or in the future) ?

W5XZ - dan
W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After playing around in the Stu Perry contest on 160m, I can appreciate the potential utility of a flex control in my future. Needing to switch the mouse focus between N1MM and SmartSDR WAS a bit of a nuisance, and did not help my rate in S & P mode... After being 'knob-less' for several years now, I got to thinking. "What analog knob would < I > like most to have?" 1. VFO, RIT, sure ( push down big knob for RIT, push again to defeat ?) 2. Audio volume ( who was that weak one? or gosh he's loud!!...) 3. CWX keyer speed ( when CWX gets up and running ) Is this, or will this be a possibility, at some point? (I'm not getting much indication that Tobias, DH1TW, is planning or able to implement the Hercules DJ controller in SmartSDR, like he has for PowerSDR ) 73, W5XZ, Dan

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Dan, The current beta release (1.0.24) supports the FlexControl with XIT and RIT... Click on Aux1 to select RIT (LED1 lights up) - knob now controls RIT, click once to toggle between RIT and VFO, double click to reset RIT to zero. Aux3 can be used to select the same for XIT (LED3 lights up)... same toggle and clear mode. Double click on Aux1 or 3 to turn the appropriate function off. There is enhanced functionality planned for the FlexControl (such as exists in PowerSDR) on the SmartSDR roadmap. In the meantime, if you use FlexControl with DDUtil you can access all the functionality you describe now.... Another option is to use the K6TU Control iPad app which will give you a virtual front panel for the radio and allows access to all the controls. I haven't heard from Tobias for quite a while so don't know what if anything he is planning for the DJ controller. Stu K6TU
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I hope someone can port the MIDI interface of the DJ Controllers over to the SmartSDR API. It should be a "simple" look up table activity. But then if it were that simple I could do it myself! But I don't do much programming. The last programming I did was in GW-Basic!
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Probably not the answer you're looking for, but maybe an alternative in the volume control department? I bought a set of Logitech Z553 speakers for the flex, and one nice feature they have is a nice big volume control that sits on the desk, right next to the flex control. That gives me instant access to volume control, and they look pretty neat too. http://www.logitech.com/en-sg/product/speaker-system-z553

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.