Flex 6700/N1MM Logger interface issue

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I am using the N1MM logger.  I have multiple slices active to watch for band activity.  N1MM connects to slice A without issue; but, when I switch "transmit" to another slice, I cannot get N1MM to log on that slice.  It seems to want to always log slice "A"....(or If operating split, with A&B. )  How can I change the slice designator to "A" so that I can log my contact?
Photo of K2CM

K2CM

• 265 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3467 Reply Likes
You can't change slice designators.  CAT only works with Slice A (and Slice B in certain split modes) as it is emulating VFO A  and VFO B of a traditional radio.  What is really needed is a version of N1MM that communicates directly with the radio over Ethernet and fully "understands" that it is communicating with an 8 receiver radio.
Photo of K2CM

K2CM

• 265 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Would you know of any loggers that communicate correctly with the Flex 6.7K?
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9148 Posts
  • 3467 Reply Likes
HRD is evaluating replacing CAT with the Ethernet API interface.  Carl, N4PY's programs communicate with the 6000s via Ethernet.  There are other development efforts underway, but they have not been made public at this time.
Photo of Scott AC8DE

Scott AC8DE

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Tim,

OK.  So I'm going to start setting up my 6500 for field day and for contesting in the shack.  What is the best solution currently available, or at least a decent working solution the incorporates digital/CW modes as well.  Or do I have to piecemeal 10 different software packages?
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9148 Posts
  • 3467 Reply Likes
Fldigi has tight integration with SmartSDR CAT via RigCAT and does CW, PSK and RTTY; the common digital modes for FD.
Photo of Lee

Lee, Elmer

• 677 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
I used Writelog through SDR-Bridge in the CQ WPX on CW and it worked great.  WriteLog is tightly integrated with SDR-Bridge and that is tightly integrated with SSDR, skimmer and VE7CC cluster client.  I use as many coordinated programs as I need to get the desired effect.  I'm not running digital.  I think Writelog can address 4 slices but I'm not positive as I have a 6300 and it only has 2.   

http://sdr-w9oy.blogspot.com/2014/05/cq-wpx.html  

http://sdr-w9oy.blogspot.com/2014/05/post-wpx.html

Hope that helps 

73  W9OY

Photo of Al K0VM

Al K0VM, Elmer

• 581 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Scott,
   I use N1MM for my contesting software and use it's digital interface with MMTTY/2-Tone.. for CW I route N1MM thru a Winkey device.   There are other solutions that work as well.

AL, K0VM
Photo of Lee

Lee, Elmer

• 677 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Writelog will address 4 slices with 4 bandmaps and 4 data entry fields and 4 skimmers for a thoroughly harrowing contest experience.  

73 W9OY
Photo of Bill-W9OL

Bill-W9OL

• 726 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
I loved that descripiton, "Harrowing". I can't handle one vfo/slice. LOL

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.