Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6700 Message disappears and the shutdown sequence changes.

Bernie
Bernie Member
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have noticed on several occasions that during operation of the 6700, the message on the front panel display (e.g. FLEX 6700) DISAPPEARS during operation, and the display is dark.  The radio continues operation (both receive and transmit).  SmartSDR can be terminated and restarted...and the 6700 appears in the left SmartSDR panel.  Both CAT and DAX are operational

At this point operation can be continued, and I have not discovered any features that are inoperable.  I might mention that the LED is solid blue indicating that the GPS is locked.  During transmitting the LED is red.  Most recently I have been working JT9/JT65 using WSJT-X with a transmit power between 15 W - 20 W.

However, when you try to power-down the 6700 (when the display is dark), the behavior is DIFFERENT:

First button push...nothing happens
Second button push...the 6700 seems to turn off, and I can hear a soft click suggesting a relay opening or closing.  However, there is no "Shutting Down..." message.

Now if I try to restart the 6700, the sequence is clearly not normal and the front panel display remains dark.  On the first button push, the Green LED blinks, but there is NO Flex-Radio logo.  The Green LED eventually changes from blinking to solid Green.  This is followed by a blinking Yellow LED.  The "Calibrating" message never appears, and the front panel display remains dark.

The only way I have been able to recover a normal startup message sequence on the front panel display is to remove DC power from the 6700, wait a few seconds, and reapply DC power.

I have not been able to determine exactly what is happening when the front display goes dark...if it is happening during transmitting, or on a single band, etc. One minute the display is normal showing FLEX 6700, and then I look again and the display is dark. 

I re-emphasize that even though the front panel display is dark, SmartSDR chugs right along, and the receive/transmit functions continue to operate.  However both the power down and power on sequences are clearly different than normal.

I am running the latest versions of all software/firmware and using Windows 7.

-73-
Bernie
W4BGH

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I wonder if others have the same problem with the 6700? Have no problems at all with display on 6500. Might be a defective unit and worth investigating with Flex.

Jim, K6QE

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This topic has been converted to a HelpDesk support ticket.
    If you are experience a similar issue, please submit a HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.