FLEX-6700 "Error PSL1VOC-0.92 Powering Down" Displayed On the front panel and the Radio and PC Hang

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
I installed SmartSDR version 0.16.4 immediately after it was released. Since installing 0.16.4, and upgrading the radio firmware, my radio has been completely unstable. At intervals ranging from a few minutes to as much as almost 2 hour the FLEX-6700 will hang with the following message:

"Error PSL1VOC-0.92
Powering Down"

and the SmartSDR software ceases all activity and does not respond to any clicks except exit.

On one occasion I only had to reboot the radio and PC 2 times. On another occasion it took 3 reboots. On all other occasions it took 4 reboots of the radio and the PC. After the failed reboots when I click on the SmartSDR icon I get a "(Not Responding)" message from the Radio Setup box wherein we select the radio to use. After "enough" reboots everything works normally, for a matter of minutes.

I have completely uninstalled all software and reinstalled 0.16.4 a total of 5 times. The behavior is the same. After having the radio crash in the middle of multiple QSO's I have stopped using the radio on the air. It takes 15-20 minutes to get successful reboots of the radio and PC and the other ham is left wondering where I went.

Yesterday Gerald told us that, "All bugs have been fixed. We have hundreds of customers waiting for v.1.0 and it would not be fair to make them wait any longer." Therefore, I was just going to wait for next weeks bug-free release of v1.0.

I realized that I need to report the "Error PSL1VOC-0.92" problem in order to verify that it has been fixed. FRS: What does the error code mean and has the issue been resolved in the upcoming release?

Thanks, Reg, KD5RB
Photo of Reg

Reg

• 131 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3541 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this issue to a HelpDesk ticket.