Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6500 and FLDIGI not working on Transmitt

Options
James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm holding judgment out on the FLEX 6500 as a good data radio, The SmartSDR driver for FLDigi has failed it does not work anymore. I'm a working ham and usually only do digital on Sunday or late Saturday. I want it to work when I sit down at my station on Saturday or Sunday. I'm amazed that it worked for the RTTY Round up, it has not worked since on transmit. MY question is anyone else having this issue. my conditions are Windows 7 HOME and SmartSDR 1.0.24 beta and FLDigi 3.21.77 -de Jim wu5e

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Jim, Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I'm using the same setup (except with Windows 8.1) and it's been perfect with fldigi. Here are my settings, if this helps...
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I have found that on occasions the PTT port quit working. The way I fix this is to go to Smart SDR CAT, delete the PTT comport, and create another one, then place this new one in flDigi. Why this happens, I have not yet figured out, but this is a quick turnaround method to get things working again.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have done this and when I click Initialize and it momently keys the radio and then drop the key and then will never key the radio again. I think that FLEX will have to write there own FLDigi type program. I will keep fighting this , I have looked at adding a digital radio just for PSK or RTTY or JT65 and as a back up radio , This Flex 6500 is a kick **** voice and CW radio but Not sure if it's DAX or SmartSDR Cat or the software FLDIGI is the problem.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    don't give up James. It works perfectly here on my 6700. BTW I run flDigi and JT65-HF at the same time (only one is used at a time, of course). Don't forget to reboot regularly when things don't work.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have no problems however "RE initializing" in nearly all cases is required when booting up FLdigi by: 1) unchecking and rechecking the Rigcat box followed by... 2) clicking the red highlighted box "initialize" I found those actions essential (Please note I am running through DDutil)
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Jim Are you using Cat command for PTT or did you setup PTT under the Hardware PTT tab? The other thing is if you notice the QSY button on the main fldigi screen is greyed out you will need to go RigCat and press the "Initialize" button and on occasion if you are using Hardware PTT you will have to go to that screen and press the "Initialize" button. I assume when you say it won't work on transmit means it wont go into transmit. Is that correct?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.