Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6300 Newbie - Digital Modes (PSK-31)?

TAC
TAC Member ✭✭
Having just picked up a 6300 in Dayton I have a few questions on the most efficient way to get running with Ham Radio Deluxe (HDR).

1) Can I use DAX to have the 6300 communicate with my computer and Ham Radio Deluxe and not have ANY extra wires or cables other than the CAT5 cable between the radio and computer?

2) Or, per page 33 of the Hardware Reference Manual, will I need a setup like I have with my Elecraft K2?  Input to the 6300 through the Mic Connector and output from the 6300 through the headphone or rear speaker connector?

Maybe with option #2 I can redeploy my K2 / Rigblaster setup to the 6300 with very little trouble.  Of course I'll have to check the MIC connector to see if the two are compatible.

Thank,
Tom Crites, KC8SES

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Tom, and congrats on the 6300.     We seem to get this question quite a bit.  You only need DAX to send audio from the 6300 to DM 780.   I will post detailed setup pictures in a bit.  I will include all screenshots of HRD, DM780, and SmartSDR to show you the settings required.   
  • TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Hey Chris,  Thanks for the speedy reply!  I'll look forward to the additional info.  Glad to hear it sounds like I can pull it off with minimal wires.

p.s. I don't know if I like your drum set or radio setup better.  ;-) 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.