Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 and Palstar HF-Auto

Charlie
Charlie Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just received my 6300 today and have been trying to learn it.  I have a Palstar HF-Auto tuner that I use with an Icom 7600.  The Palstar tuner has frequency sensing and will change the antenna port on the tuner automatically.  This works fine with the Icom but it seems that the Palstar does not receive the transmit frequency from the 6300.  Is there a way to be have the 6300 provide the tuner with the frequency? Thanks.

Answers

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    DDuT has a feature to link the Palstar to your your band.
    It's called the Passive Listener.
    In my case the Palstar is set to Com 13, which I put into the Passive Listener field on the Ports tab of the free DDuTIL program.
    DDuT does a lot more...
  • Joe  N9VX
    Joe N9VX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I use the HF-Auto with my Flex 5000a, all I do is click on TUN, the radio puts out 15 watts (I have it set that way, and the HF-Auto tunes.

Joe  N9VX
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    That's sorta odd.  I have the same tuner and a 6700, and it recognizes frequency as soon as I transmit.  The tuner is just that, frequency sensing, and should recognize the frequency on which you are transmitting as soon as you key the radio.  Perhaps the Palstar folks can give a better answer, but it should just work.

• Charlie
    Charlie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    The TUNE feature works.  The Palstar will sense the frequency correctly but when using CW the frequency is not picked up by the Palstar.  That does seem odd that it won't. It does with the Icom 7600.
  • Charlie
    Charlie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the replies.  I figured it out.  I unchecked Iambic and not I am sending a continue CW tone and the frequency is now recognized by the Palstar tuner.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.