Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000 Mic connections

Robert -- N5IKD
Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
I have a friend with a Flex 5000 who has the following questions about the microphone connections:

"
Question. My Flex 5000 has a normal 8 pin (Foster) mic connection on the front. It also has a 1/4" jack on the rear and calls it for a balanced mic. Can you tell me the difference.. Just got a headset and would like to connect it to my Flex 5000..

The Flex Manual is un-clear but I am wondering if my Bose headset will drive the Flex thru the balanced line input. It lacks the 20db gain that the front mic connector has."

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The balanced line in connection is primarily for connecting outboard audio processing hardware to the FLEX-6000.  It can be used for high output dynamic balanced microphones, but you may have to really crank up the gain to get it to drive the radio to full modulation.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.