Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 3000 Doesn't Like 6 Meters

Flex 3000 6 meter concern. I have a 3 element beam and yet I make almost no contacts.Rig is serial #1611-0626. It was last serviced by Flex on 10/12. Rig is wonderful on rest of ham bands. Very happy with 4000 contacts over three years.digital, cw, ssb etc Can anyone tell me what I missed or need to make contacts? Perhaps I need a pre amp on antenna ? What have other Flex 3000 owners done to be successful? Mike

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    How high is your antenna, how long and what kind of feedline? Where are you located and what time of day are you trying to make contacts? (and on what frequency?) 6 Meters is called the Magic Band because it is so unpredictable. Sometime it is only line of sight for locals. Other times, Sporadic E opens the band for great DX and even occasionally F-layer hits it for a while. But often it appears dead, as it was here during the latest January VHF contest. I made one or two contacts here in SW Indiana. From what I have heard, the preamp in the 3000 is very strong and shouldn't need more added. As far as 6 meters goes... you can't work what isn't there! Good luck, Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.