Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-1500 with CW Skimmer using Direct I/Q

Options
I'm trying to use CW Skimmer with the Flex-1500. It works ok with the 3kHz setting, but only delivers about 2kHz of visuals. I switched to using Direct I/Q from the 1500 and I see a wide sweep of signals now, but no correlation to the frequency display. I used an audio IF frequency of 9000 Hz plus the cw tone per the Knowledge Base article by W4TME. Spur reduction is off per the article. Does the Flex-1500 use a different audio IF frequency or is there another reason I can't correlate the display? Is there a solution to this? 73, John W4JKL

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    John, What are you using for your virtual serial port manager? And are you seeing the main frequencies and not just the offsets? Make sure that your CAT Data is getting from PowerSDR to CW Skimmer. The IF is not a audio , but the I/Q IF .
  • John LeRoy
    John LeRoy Member
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dudley, Thanks for replying. I'm using vspMgr and ddUtil. Skimmer uses Omni-Rig, so I've got quite a chain of software in there. But the frequency display is the same as the PowerSDR display. Tim's note says to use 9kHz for the IF, so I used that in Skimmer. But it's as though I'm offset somehow on the displayed signals in Skimmer.
  • John LeRoy
    John LeRoy Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dudley, With the help of Alex, VE3NEA, I think I've got this working. If you like, I can send the email trail to you since I don't see a way to send pictures in this software. It would make a nice Knowledge Base article. The audio IF center looks like it is about 3.8kHz and you must use Q/I input. That gives you about a 14kHz span on the CW Skimmer. 73, John W4JKL
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You are correct. The DDS IF must match the CWS offset.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.