Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6700 has decided to be 400hz off freq in the upwards direction.

2»

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    Please open a HelpDesk support ticket so we can address your issue.
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited August 2017
    will do....hang in there with me, first time using the helpdesk

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I honestly have never run this cal.   So I tried it while remoting into my radio using 2.0.  

Before I started I was at -2.  Now I live in Fort Collins which means I can literally see the antenna farm for WWV. 

I hit start and it switched to 15 Mhz and there was a very nice very strong (as expected) signal.  It sat there for a while and came back with a computed offset of: -492.  I repeated it several times and I still get -490 or so.

Is there a valid range to this?  I do leave my radio on full time so I wonder if the value varies based on heat?  It would make sense.

But I guess I'm wondering if -492 shows a problem or pending problem?

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I wonder just what the number represents... sometimes it's 1000 or do and sometimes zero but what does the ppm represent in terms of frequency error??? Can't find anything in abt manuals I have that even mention the calibration process... was it left out??
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Is there a valid range to this?  I do leave my radio on full time so I wonder if the value varies based on heat?  It would make sense.

Of course, there is a valid range and you are well within the range or you would have received an error message.  Your radio should be warmed up before calibrating.  Usually, 30-60 minutes is sufficient.

But I guess I'm wondering if -492 shows a problem or pending problem?

No problem.  XOs age over time and need to be corrected for that aging process. On the non-GPSDO radio I have I run it every time I upgrade to a new general release of SmartSDR just to make sure I am dead on frequency.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    It should be relatively constant on multiple runs using the same frequency reference standard.  It is the amount of correction needed in ppb (parts per billion) to put the reference XO on 10 MHz.  The value changes depending on the reference frequency
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Tim

I am assuming this procedure does not need to be run if you are using an external 10Mhz reference.

Burch
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi there,

as I have never had a good reception of WWV with my simple antennas.. Is anyone experienced what time signal transmission to use in Europe (the russian one at 9.996 Mc?) and if the procedure is the same if you don't use frequencies like 5, 10, 15 Mc??

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Burch, it can be run with an external source to make minor corrections to the source.  My Rb reference clock is a little off, so I have used the frequency cal routine to fine tune it.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ok, cool.  I will give it a try.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.