Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6700 + DEMI V/U & U/V satellite station

Levente VE7BDK
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello!

I am in the process of setting up a satellite ground station for a university engineering club. This station is to operate in V/U and U/V modes, and it is based around Flex, DEMI, and M2 Antenna Systems gear. Below is a brief description of the hardware I have available, as well as a preliminary station connection diagram which I came up with. I am posting here to ask if anyone is able to spot any weakness in this design. Also, I would like to understand if I can rely on the RF SENSE ability of the VHF preamp, and run it with the LNA enabled inside of the 2MLDPA, or if I am better off otherwise - and what options do I have for that.

Thanks for your time!

'73

Levente
VE7BDK

Hardware:

Radio: Flex-6700
GPSDO option

VHF PA: DEMI 2MLDPA
75W output
LNA option
Common RF configuration

UHF Transverter: DEMI L432-28HP
50W output
PTT active low
Split IF @ 28MHz
Common RF configuration

Diplexer/Switch: DEMI DIPS

Coaxial Surge Protector: HyperLynk Technologies AL-NFNFB

Lightning Arrestor: in house
10x lines, 2x power for LNAs, 8x rotor

Power supplies: TBD at given specs

VHF preamp: SSB Electronics SP-2000

UHF preamp: SSB Electronics SP-7000

VHF antenna: M2 Antenna Systems 2MCP22

UHF antenna:  M2 Antenna Systems 436CP42UG

Answers

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Levente - This is almost exactly the same setup I have, along with a Yaesu G-5500 az/el rotator. Once everything is configured it works wonderfully, and I am using the pre-amp in the 6700 and no external pre-amps. That works just fine for SSB and FM birds, and the full duplex of the 6700 makes working sats really nice. I think you will be very happy with this setup. There are several good threads on here about using 6700 for sats, that is how I got all set up and configured. Good luck! 73 Justin KL2D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.