Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6600M Wide Band Noise Blanker Works Great - See Video !

mikeatthebeach .
mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
Flex6600M Wide Band Noise Blanker Works Great - See Video !

Main Reason why I got the Flex Radio !

imagehttps://youtu.be/hDZq9BqLI_I

73 Mike

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You turn both the WNB an NB together. What happens when you use one at time? I find the NB does a great job at cutting noise. The WNB does not have as much impact for the noise in my area. There is have been a lot of discussion around the WNB and it is seems to be more effective in differ locations depending on the type of noise sources. Just curious how much the WNB vs NB improves things for you.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    WNB cleans up WaterFall ( Most 95% removed from Audio ) 
    NB alone take noise off Audio butter WaterFall Total washed out signals 
    NB take 5% more noise out to eliminate all the Noise 100%
    73 Mike
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Mike ... adjust your Panadapter s/n level thats displayed (by adjusting the arrows at the top right of your Panadapter) to display a 40DB to 140db range on the right vertical display.   Unless of course you prefer it set the way you have it.  My preference is to see the noise floor displayed at the very bottom of the screen with less fill but ymmv.  Once you set it to your preferred range just save it as part of your global profile for that Band.  Each Band  panadapter level range can be set separatelyto your preference and particular antenna gain.  
    Regards.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Sorry i missed my edit window on this post...I wanted to mention that  it is better to set the associated WNB and NB sliders as far back from Maximum you can but still do what you want to accomplish.  Max WNB can cause audio popping and max NB settings causes distortion/colorization of the received audio

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.