Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6500 GPSDO and FLDIGI are killer FMT app.

Andrew VK5CV
Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
The title says it all. With the Flex 6500 and FLDIGI frequency analysis mode I can measure frequency to 2 decimal places! Andrew de VK5CV/VK5ZUC.

Comments

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Can you illustrate this with a screenshot?
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Robert, 13MHz TCXO in frequency counter. Andrew
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Well Andrew, FLDIGI freq = RF Freq + Audio freq from waterfall
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Although the RF sampling rate is very accurate with the GPSDO, do we know that the effective sampling rate of the 6000's DAX output audio is as accurate?

If everything inside the 6500 or 6700 is clocked from the same master oscillator this is probably true, but I can imagine designs where output audio resampling occurs using another (and less accurate) clock domain.

I ask because I am also interested in FMT without having to use external hardware.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Another issue I just noticed from another thread.  Tim reports "The specifications of the FLEX-6000 is to report frequency in 1 Hz increments."  What is the actual accuracy of the synthesized frequency?  It is unlikely that the frequencies lie right on the integer boundaries.

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Hi Bob, in the installation package of the MIxw32 - > http://mixw.net/, exist small apps for checking sample rate of audio device (48kHz supported),
    sorry screenshot on rus:image

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015

Sergey

I have been running Check SR for a while.

-30ppm and -20ppm input and output so 50ppm all up

On the 10MHz GPSDO output I get 999999.94.

6parts per 10E9 total

GPS SSDR 5 e-11 estimate on the setup screen

thus DAX ( and FLDIGI?)  60pp10E6

Good enough for an ionospheric path.

Andrew

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Hi Andrew, you is right, this radio support reception from universe :-)
    my GPSDO estimation on setup screen depends on time of the day  from e-10 to e-12 :
    imageimage
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    And FLDIGI lets me add a 60 ppm correction.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.