Flex6500 overheating

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged

Hi All,

I am running a Flex 6500 with the latest software version 1.4.16.

I use the radio everyday, but very rarely call CQ I usually listen and select other stations at random.
Anyway the 6 metre season is open and there was a nice opening across Europe so I decided to sit and call CQ.

I had a mini pile up going on SSB running about 15 watts from the 6500 to my Expert 1-kfa which was putting out 390 watts to a dual band 11 ELE, 6 elements on 6 mtrs.

Everything was working fine, good reports etc then all of a sudden the 6500 shut down saying "Fatal error, overheating requires reboot".

So I rebooted the radio and continued where I left off and about another 20 minutes later again the same error, "Fatal error, overheating require reboot".

I just wondered if anybody else was experiencing this problem, it is a bit warm here in Scotland at the moment which is very unusual, but surely 15 watts on/off over a 90 minute period shouldn't require a reboot due to an overheating PA?

I checked to make sure the vents/fans were clear on both sides of the rig, which they were.

Any ideas?

Peter MM0CEZ

Photo of Peter

Peter

• 26 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.