Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6400M using powered speaker and default audio device at same time question?

Options
Usings external power speaker plugged into my 6400m and smart sdr why does it still use my default audio speaker and power speaker both? I am new to flex. Is there a way that I  can use the powered and default speaker at the same time like watching yotube video and working digital modes?

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    At the top right corner of your SSDR pan adapter display you will see a radio button labeled "PC AUDIO".  Make sure that it is grayed out (deselected) .  Your audio should now be routed to the speakers.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Ross (KE4BCN)
    Ross (KE4BCN) Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thank you but I have tried that and all that does is turn off and on the powered speakers. The audio still comes through my default speaker.
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    You probably have a PC MIXER SELECTION not correct.  Right click on the speaker icon (lower right corner of your monitor.  Open the "Sound Mixer" from the displayed menue,  all of the audio channels should be displayed, make sure that the speaker icon under your browser is not "x" out.  You can "x" out the SSDR column  to mute it if you like. 

Gayle K0FLY
  • Ross (KE4BCN)
    Ross (KE4BCN) Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Not having any luck here. Does the flex6400m always use the default windows speaker when in smartsdr?
  • Ross (KE4BCN)
    Ross (KE4BCN) Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Found it thank you for the replys. Had to disable dax audio  rx1 in volume mixer.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    You are using an old version of DAX.  YOu should update to the latest version of SmartSDR to get the latest DAX driver installed on your PC.
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    You probably have a PC MIXER SELECTION not correct.  Right click on the speaker icon (lower right corner of your monitor.  Open the "Sound Mixer" from the displayed menue,  all of the audio channels should be displayed, make sure that the speaker icon under your browser is not "x" out.  You can "x" out the SSDR column  to mute it if you like. 

Gayle K0FLY
    ";"You probably have a PC MIXER SELECTION not correct.  Right click on the speaker icon (lower right corner of your monitor.  Open the "Sound Mixer" from the displayed menue,  all of the audio channels should be displayed, make sure that the speaker icon under your browser is not "x" out.  You can "x" out the SSDR column  to mute it if you like. 

Gayle K0FLY
    ";0;1;0;03/04/2020 04:41 PM;03/04/2020 04:41 PM
    20485766;7989623;;8858540;0;1; https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/log4om-not-reading-right-freq-from-sdr?reply[id]=20485766#reply_20485766;"I started plying around withLog4OM version 2 and was able to cause some disconnects.   Under "Program Configurations" "Cat Interface" section do you have "{OMNIRIG} Disconnect CAT at first OFF event" checked?  If so uncheck that box.  When  LogOM  was disconnected it would reconnect as soon as I unchecked the box and saved the configuration.   After unchecking the box I could not make the software disconnect again.

Hope this helps
    Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.