Flex6300 no longer connecting to network

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
While attempting an upgrade from 3.019 to 3.0.27 the update bar (6300 hardware update portion) froze at full bar.  Attempted to reboot 6300 and do again.  Same results.  This was being done remotely over teamviewer.

Now at station and confirmed 6300 is not connecting to network.  When logging into the router the flexradio does not appear as an attached device.  (It was connected and working just prior to attempting update)  I tried rebooting 6300, rebooting router, changing network cable, switching cable location at switch - nothing worked.  I just tried a factory reset and AC power off for a period of time and no joy.

Any tips?
Thanks,
Peter - WB6POT
Photo of Peter Woodmansee WB6POT

Peter Woodmansee WB6POT

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Gene Duprey

Gene Duprey

• 103 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I am currently running remote.  I had asked if upgrading while remote was possible and Michael at Flex told me I would have to wait until I got back to my home station. This may be your problem, since you said you were remote.  You may have to put in a repair ticket now, since you tried while working remote.  give Flex a call.

Gene, K1GD
Photo of Peter Woodmansee WB6POT

Peter Woodmansee WB6POT

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply, however I have been running remote for 2 years now and have done all past updates remotely with no problem, including going from 2.49 to 3.0.19.
I’ll take the 6300 to my other location and see if I can isolate the problem to a hardware failure.

Peter - WB6POT