Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6300 dual channel usage with transverter and different band on the panadapter

Mike
Mike Member
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, i am new to my Flex6300 and got the transverter for 2m VHF+ (on XVTR). Running fine and now i wanted to use a panadapter on the 80m HF band (on Ant1), so i could use VHF+ and listen to HF. Trying that, the Flex does change the RX on both identically, so i do have either XVTR or Ant1. I am not able to get this divided (i've got different profiles for each band). Is there any setting i do not know which i have to set up? Thanks for any help :)

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sorry, not possible. Only one SCU in your rig, so only one antenna port may be selected.

• James Eastham Jr
    James Eastham Jr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    George are you saying you can do this with a 6700? I have the same problem 2 meters on one panadapter only allows 2 meters on a second panadapter on my 6700
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2017
    Yes, it is possible with the 6700.  You have to use a different antenna on the 2nd panadapter by first creating the panadapter, then assigning it to the different antenna, which connects it to the 2nd SCU) and then manually enter the HF frequency so that band persistance does not switch antenna ports around.
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I am not sure whether this answers my problem or not.

I have a hex beam on ant 1 and a 40m vertical on ant 2.
    I want to have the hex on, say, 20m and the vertical on 40m.

This works fine except that receive insists on being the same for both slices.  I can set TX as I wish and it will hold but RX is always the same for both.  To try and clarify my objective is to have RX2 set for the 40m antenna and RX1 for the hex beam.  Do I have it right?
  • KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    both slices use the same SCU (6300 only has 1)... when you change RX antenna it affects both slices as they used the same SCU. In the case of the 6700 & 6600 they both have two SCU's so what your trying to do would work on those rigs.
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, that is what I was afraid of.  At least I can see what is going on on both bands and adjust to the appropriate RX.
    I guess I will have to save up my pennies for a 6600 :).
  • KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thats one of the reasons i traded up to a 6600...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.