Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex5000a will not start the "Use" button does not light

I have been using the flex for a couple of years but now it does not start. The radio does not light the USE light on the interface and will not start. I dont know where to start troubleshooting.

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Is the Power light on on the radio?
    Is the firewire cable plugged in on both ends?
    Look in Device manager and see if the firewire is there and is active and has no errors.
    bring up the Flex Firewire Driver program and see if your radio shows up there , if not in the computer make sure the firewire card is fully seated, if in dought pull it out and re-set it.

If it doesn't  work after that then REPLACE the firewire card and firewire cable to see if that helps.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited February 2017
    I have just uninstalled my interface. I thought I had all the files saved to re-install it. Can you give me a hand with the files to re-install the software. I thought maybe it might have some problems. Thanks Robert
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    just download PowerSDR at http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/powersdr_v2-7-2_installer-exe/

View it in the Download Directory then Right click on the file after you have it downloaded and I ALWAYS use "Run as Administrator" to install programs that have drivers and say YES to everything.
    Be sure to Re-Boot after the install

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you, I have it loaded but its not showing in the available radio interfaces. How do i start it now?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Your radio is no longer communications with the PC. This is your issue. Reloading software will probably not solve the issue. This can be a Windows operating system issue related to the system 1394a bus driver or a physical issue, like a bad FireWire cable or a malfunctioning FireWire card. I'd open a HelpDesk support ticket
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Tim but I have already uninstalled the interface. How do i get it back to the available radio interfaces. I see only the demo now?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2017
    When the radio is properly communicating with the PC, it will automatically show up in the chooser.
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited February 2017
    even though I deleted it?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2017
    I think you are missing a very fundamental issue here.  If the radio hardware and the PC are not communicating via the Firewire link, the radio will never show up in the chooser.  There can be a multitude of reasons why this might be happening.

As I recommended before, I strongly urge you to open a HelpDesk support ticket.  The Community is not a place where FlexRadio provides one-on-one support. 
  • Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited February 2017
    ok, thank you. How do get helpdesk support?

• Robert Fraley
    Robert Fraley Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you much Tim. Sorry for the trouble.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2017
    No problem. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.