Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex3000-MRP40 CW program ... is anyone using this combo?

I am having issues with mode use , offset and PTT activation.

I do run HRD for rig control , but deactivated this to test MRP40.
I would like to continue to run HRD for rig control and run MRP40 for CW decoding and TX

decoding is fine via my VAC lines , but i have issues with TX.
TX vac audio exists and i can transmit it by mode selecting LSB USB and keying my flex via footswitch.
if i mode select CW , Vac audio exists , i cannot key via footswitch and I have no TX audio when manually key.
seems to only work with Mode LSB USB selected.

I would like MRP40 to key my flex via Cat control.. but this seems impossible to date.

If you are using MRP40 with a flex , im keen to chat to you.

any suggestions appreciated to my email 
vk2vcc@gmail.com

have a great day
happy new year and thanks in advance. Marty Vk2vcc

ps..IM NEW TO CW..
so my knowledge of CW and offsets etc are limited in terms of tone etc..
meaning , i believe that CW is run at a carrier offset like USB LSB but much smaller Hz.
any links or advice for me is helpful.
I am savvy with Pcs and SDR setups.. maybe i am missing something simple to get this to work the way i want.

is MRP40 the right solution for me with my Flex limitations for audio and output connections?
I know, CW programs are "cheating" - however everything i run is PC based.
i figure , why cant my CW be PC run also!

Answers

• PE3DON
    PE3DON Member
    edited February 2017
    hi Marty

you might use the CAT/DAX of the older versions of SmartSDR
    older versions have different in and output control
    just install and only use the CAT/DAX

73, PE3DON
    Don
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Marty,

I have the 6700 and just figured out how to get MRP40 working.  I don't know how much of this will apply to the 3000 but here is what I did:

1. Set Windows playback default to DAX Audio TX
    2. Set Windows recording default to DAX Audio RX 1
    3. In SmartSDR Select ACC as the Input, Click the DAX button on, and click the VOX button on. This will key the radio whenever audio comes thru from your PC
    4. IN MRP40 TX select Soundcard and set the Rx Soundcard to DAX Audio RX 1 and the TX Soundcard to DAX Audio TX.

I just got my 6700 2 days ago so this is all new to me. I'm not sure if it will work for you.

73 Pat N6PAT

Set your
  • Marty VK2VCC
    Marty VK2VCC Member
    edited September 2018
    hi pat thanks.. yes.makes sense. 3000 is similar and yes i need to key rig via footswitch and also i tx in Ssb mode not cw. in cw i get no tine at all. ssb with offset works. decodes fine in ssb also. appreciate your reply. Marty vk2 vcc
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I also TX in SSB. Setting ACC and VOX will allow MRP40 to key the transmitter as it transmits.
  • Marty VK2VCC
    Marty VK2VCC Member
    edited January 2017
    ...so.is the vox setting just picking up output audio in the shack via mic?? im lost how vox is working internally? acc i dont have on 3000.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If you select ACC from the list as input instead of MIC in SmartSDR  then the input will be from the DAX. The VOX option will then key the radio whenever audio is detected. You can do this when your program like MRP40 specifies the DAX as output

Here's the settings that work for me.

imageimage

The following is the sound card setting for MRP40. Note int he TX setting you should have Send Via Sound Card checked

This is the DAX example. You need to click on DAX in SmartSDR

And here are the Windows default sound settings from the control panel :

• Marty VK2VCC
    Marty VK2VCC Member
    edited January 2017
    thankyou.. i will look at my flex 3000 settings and try and relate to it. i use PSdr also. im close to having it working. regards all info helps.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    ok. Note that in my example sounds from the mike are not picked up. Only audio from programs, players etc. that specify DAX or use the default output when DAX is assigned as the default will send audio to the radio

I tested using an audio file and it worked. I'm going to try to set up a voice keyer audio file
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    One other note to mention. The DAX will also allow you to record audio from the radio onto your PC. I used the windows recorder in accessories and it worked.

If you want to record both sides of a short QSO you can use the Quick Record function in Smart SDR and then play it back and record it on your PC.
  • Marty Gibson
    Marty Gibson Member
    edited February 2017
    delayed response..but appreciated your replies Pat. big help.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Pat, I used your setup, and it works. I do have one problem though. My transmit is off about a KC from the receive frequency. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Bob

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Try offsetting with the RIT in the SSDR Slice
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Pat,
    I set my XIT to 200 and it works perfect.
    Thanks and 73
    Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.