Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX1500 Setup Form results in Demo Mode only Help!

Dave K8DL
Dave K8DL Member
I'm new to FLEX and windows 10. When I first tried to install SmartSDR 2.7.2, when the Setup Form appeared, I forced my serial number into the field of the DEMO line, assuming that I could change "DEMO" to "FLEX 1500". Now, every time I try to install the software, I'm forced into DEMO mode. I need to delete the Setup Form and start all over, but just uninstalling the software does not uninstall the Setup Form. Where can I find this document or file containing the mistaken Setup Form? I need to eliminate this form which is poisoning my installation! (BTW, I know the radio and USB cable are good because they are recognized on another computer. I know my computer is good, because it recognizes a different FLEX 1500. The problem is in that erroneous setup Form. DELETE DELETE, but where is it???

Answers

• Gavin Badenhorst
    edited April 2019
    After a fresh installation make sure that the Flex is NOT connected. Run the Flex software and it will run a short sequence. Once this is done connect the Flex, switch it on and then run the software. Buy doing this it installs the drivers. Hope this helps

• Dave K8DL
    Dave K8DL Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks, Gavin, but it doesn't help. The old, malformed Setup Form persists through Uninstall and reinstall and will not allow the radio to connect! I need to be able to find and delete that poisonous Setup Form. Where is it?
  • Gavin Badenhorst
    edited April 2019
    Dave never seen this set up for. I use a flex 1500. Suggest you uninstall and delete the left over folders that Flex leaves behind in the programs folder. It is really a plug and play. Regards Gavin ZS6BG
  • Preston Mclaggan
    edited April 2019
    ok gavin heres what i want you to do.....go through the computer look for everything to do with power SDR and deleite them and empty the waste bin....sothat theres nothing in the computer that have power SDR ...go to download and download power SDR 2.6 NOT 2.7 because it does NOT have a driver .....when you run power sdr 2.6 without the 1500 connected it will show a black window counting up and then down....let it do that then you can connect the 1500....the problem should be fixed
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
  • Dave K8DL
    Dave K8DL Member
    edited January 2020
    Thanks, folks, but my problem persists. I may have found out that the file I have been calling the setup form is ACTUALLY called the Chooser. Can anyone help finding and replacing the Chooser? My radio's serial number is mistakenly attached to DEMO instead of FLEX-1500 - and I can't find any way to change it. Uninstall/Reinstall and the Chooser table remains the same! Help!
  • Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I don't know much about the 1500, but you might go to the search bar in windows, and type "%AppData%" without the quotes, then delete any FlexRadio related files that you find here. These will be recreated the next time you run the software. Hopefully this will eliminate any improperly configured files
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Dave,

The Master.xml   file contains the "Chooser"  or radio choices..   You can just delete this file,  but you have to have access to the AppData  and lower folders to do so under you user name,  under the user file    C:UsersjhurryAppDataRoamingFlexRadio Systems   .    One easy way to get there is to go to "Run"   (Win10 or Windows accessory )   and type    %appdata%    then to the FlexRadio systems   folder.     Delete the "Master.xml"   file  ,  it will be recreated when you open PowerSDR,  as it has to search for the available radios..  

Now if you still can not fine the radio in the listing,  check the Windows Device manager and under the "FlexRadio"  icon,   you should see the FlexRadioUSB Kernel driver  and the Flex1500 driver (anytime the radio is connected and turned on)    If you do not see the Flex1500 Software Defined Radio,  then either the radio is not working or there is a problem with that USB port/driver.   Maybe a full uninstall / reboot and then reinstall of PSDR will help,  or just try another USB port and turn the radio on ..   

This should fix your issue ..   Let us know . 

Dudley

• Dave K8DL
    Dave K8DL Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks,Paul! Definitely on the right track!
  • Dave K8DL
    Dave K8DL Member
    edited April 2019
    That did it, Dudley! The new Chooser found my radio and I’m in business! Now I’ve got to learn the software and put up an antenna! Hope to see all y’all who helped on the air soon! 72/73, Dave
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Glad it's resolved and have fun with your adventures into SDR radio..   Just remember that not all "SDRs"  are as good as even the 1500,  neat little radio.  

Dudley

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.