Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX1500 no com port assigned

Paul
Paul Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I have a new to me Flex1500 and installed KE9NS software , it works great . My problem is the software never assigned the radio a Com port number so I cannot use use any additional programs eg. HRD etc .The radio shows up in device manager under "Universal serial Bus controllers" as a "USB Composite Device "Any ideas on how to get a com port number assigned to the radio . Thanks

Answers

• Tom Koch
    Tom Koch Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You need to make virtual serial and audio ports that are easy to install . I’d be glad to help you setting up VSP and vap ports. Email me at w4uoc.com or call me at 404-313-6109 in metro ATLANTA. I use Fldigi and Flmsg to run the digital modes and or the FT8 digital system as well.
  • Paul
    Paul Member
    edited January 2019

Thanks Tom , that was the solution...……...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.