Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex1500 and JT65 Time Loss

Mike Jones
Mike Jones Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Running PowerSDR 2.7.2, JT65HF, Flexradio 1500, and Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.  Have system clock synchronized thru Network Time Synchorization which updates every 15 minutes.  Time sync on the PC appears to be very accurate.  When running this configuration, "DT values" on the JT65 screen continue to get longer over time (1.5 - 6 seconds over 24 hours).  The current solution is to "Stop" PowerSDR 2.7.2, and then "Start" it again.  I don't have to reboot or anything, just hit the "Stop" button and then "Start." It seems to reset the clock and all is well for a while.  Is there a solution for this problem?

Answers

• Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Mike,

I had a problem similar to this using the VAC software from Eugene Muzychenko. I solved it by switching to VB-Cable (free).

Ed, K0KC
  • Mike Jones
    Mike Jones Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Ed.  Thanks.  I am currently using VAC software from Eugene.  I will switch to VB-Cable when I get a chance....Once again, "the devil is in the details."
  • Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member
    edited December 2016
    Did you "buy" vac? The download has limitations unless you purchase it. I am using it with Dimension 4 time software, much better than Microsoft's time app. And free Keith w7zac
  • Mike Jones
    Mike Jones Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Yes.  I bought vac.....and am using NetTime 3.14 to time synchronize over ethernet.  The time sync software seems to work great.......

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.