Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex with Log4OM and Winkeyer?

Doug Hall
Doug Hall Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
With the new Winkeyer emulation available in 1.6 I configured Log4OM to use it. No issues there, but when I send a macro or type from the keyboard there is a small delay before CW starts sending. I haven't measured it, but I'd say it's on the order or 300 to 500 mS. I've confirmed that I have the lead-in delay in Log4OM's Winkeyer config set to 0.

Anyone else out there seeing this? And is anyone using Log4OM and a real Winkeyer? If so do you see any delay before CW starts going out?

Enjoying the new release!

Doug K4DSP

Answers

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I'm using WinWarbler and I don't have that problem.

Lew
    N4CO
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Prova QUESTE impostazioni e dimmi se io ho Migliora Trovato miglioramento

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had it happen a few times, but only on the first transmission after starting my logbook. After that it is fine. Using ACLog...
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Mysterious. I was getting variable delays at start - at one point it was nearly 1 second. I exited Log4OM and restarted the app and now it seems OK. Or at least consistent. I perceive a slight delay, maybe on the order of a tenth of a second, but it's usable.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
    Doug K4DSP

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Doug, I have seen similar behavior in log4om. I've been using it for several months now and after a couple of days running it becomes slow, allocates a lot of memory and takes a bit too long to make band changes when a click on a spot. There is some work to be done with that log program. It has a lot of features a like but it needs to be optimized. A version that works with TCP instead of omnirig would be great too.
  • snet0311
    snet0311 Member ✭✭

Doug, do have your log4om v2 settings for the winkeyer configuration for me?

Thanks in advance,

73‘, Stefan

• Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭

Sorry, Stefan, I don't. I no longer own the Flex 6300 that I had several years ago.

Doug K4DSP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.