Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex users net

2»

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    ThunderBoomers to the North of me. Y'all Talk LOUDER! 
    We've moved up 4 to 3.724.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    I can hear some of it but QRN QRM got it 80% of the time
    Think I need little more antenna for 80.... 

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'm not hearing anyone well,,speak up gang!!!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dale suggested AGCT 0 and FAST and raise the slice volume and headsets and they are audible in between the strikes. Hint: ride the slice level with the FlexControl.image
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    good tip

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Anyone in the Southwest want to try 7.208 this evening?
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    What time?
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    As soon as I can get my station setup and on the air in Florida; I love to join the net.
    However, I hope the topics are related to Flex operations, setup or issues  etc...

NO weather report,  towers, antennas or health issues; Those topics are rather  boring and not related to Flex.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Good try to night I know there were more than talked thanks Jim in tenn and Sam we will keep trying if the noise floor was at 100 we would have been ok. Good start
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Well Enrest, there were only 3 of us on 40m this evening - lots of fun.  It was Jay-NO5J, Mike-WA6FXT and myself Norm-W7CK.  Topics tonight centered areound on Microphones, EQ, recorder, programming etc.....  We did some recording and playback which was fun.  Also talked about antennas and some other Flex related operational stuff.   Nice an informal since there were only 3 of us.  If we get a larger group, I'll have to be better at passing it around so everyone gets their turn.

80m is a bit of a stretch for my antenna.  It will tune up on 80m but I don't think its very efficient.  I may have been a bit late this evening on 3.720 - 3.724 but when I did arrive, I didn't hear anything.... 

I think I'm going to try to leave a panadapter and slice on 7.208 all of the time.  Although I'm not around the shack much, at least when I am here I'll be listening.

Maybe we should try to get on around 02:00 Zulu.   Does that sound about right for folks?

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Nice net Norm! I had fun.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Norm ...
    I am looking for a place to have my new car alter with an antenna to run my knob mobile radio.
    Hope to join the conversation soon: The topic you discussed are very relevant for the subject.  
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited December 2016

Just to remind everyone that there is a Flex Users Net on Sundays at 1 PM Central Savings time , on 14.329 MHz, USB, and also on Echolink , node 79336 (or my call WA5QPZ)  and CQ100 , 14.329,  and podcasted on   http://livestream.com/wa5qpz      also   all at once.   

Usually runs about an hour.  

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Wasn't hard for me, except for the code portion, that wasn't really all that hard either.
    just copied a few minutes of code, I was prepared to have to repeat the testing until I got the General, didn't have to.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Last night there were a bunch of folks using 7.208.  After I listened in for about an hour it was evident, the group is there most every evening.  So, 7.208 isn't going to work.   Does anyone else have a 40m frequency that appears to be fairly clear in the evening starting between 01:00 or 02:00 Zulu?  Conditions are pretty good on 40m most of the time.  It would be nice to have a frequency where Flex folks can just hang out any time of the day.
  • Pat Garrett
    Pat Garrett Member
    edited March 2015

Is anyone going to be on tonight? 80 or 40 will be fine.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Locally most of 40m SSB is staked out, and subject to SW broadcasters later in the evening. keeping it in the general section will mean trying to find some space. everything is usually "Owned" by some group. there's at least a 2-3  6000 series owners on 7.195 but we don't own the place, the regulars tolerate us, but will want to drop the subject, and move on to the regular, "politically incorrect" discussions,  if we talk Flex too much. that usually runs off most intruders. I'd definitely join a 40m FlexNet if you find it a home.

73, Jay - NO5J  
  • Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Now that the cold weather is approaching (slowly), is anyone still playing in the 80M band these days? And is 3.720 the playground?  Looking for Flexers in the Central to NorthEast area to brag chew with!!

Thanks Kevin

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'd be interested.  Anywhere on 80M in the evenings works for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.