Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex software roadmap?

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
I ordered my first Flex radio this week.  Does anyone know if Flex has posted a software roadmap recently?  And if so, where I might view it?   Tnx  KF4HR

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Flex discontinued posting Software release roadmaps some time ago.  
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Tnx for the update Ken.  Since no more roadmaps, does Flex use any other avenue to provide future enhancement information to its owners?  Newsletters or such?  Or is it just a wait and see situation?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Flex publishes a "Flex Insider" every few months that usually describes the latest software updates and perhaps some new products or planned software.  BUT NO PROMISED DATES are published
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Announcements from Flexradio also seem to show up here, on this community website. Watch for official news and information here.

73, Jay - NO5J 
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the information.  I'm brand new to the Flex community.  I signed up for the Insider.  According to Matt my Flex unit is being shipped with software version 1.5.1, and v1.6 isn't far off.  Just curious.  Has there been any Insider details announced beyond v1.5.1? 

Butch - KF4HR
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Not yet.
    We have to wait for them to be written first.image

The last FlexInsider was published 9/23.
    1.5.1 was released 10/6. as a bug fix release for 1.5.0 .
    1.6 will need to be alpha tested before it's released. 
    Sometimes we see unofficial hints, "accidently" posted by the alpha testers here.
    Consider the last couple of weeks a dry spell, maybe soon they will make it rain again.
    When your friendly neighborhood alpha tester gets busy see that as a good sign.
    They don't seem to stay idle for long.
    73, Jay - NO5J

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Butch,

I trust your enjoy your new Flex (6???).  I've had a 6500 close to a year now and still can't believe what a sweet radio it is.

One can download the release notes for the 1,4, 1.5 and 1.51 Smart SDR releases for details about what's new and the s/w fixes.

Hmm - 1.6 you say.   I wonder if that's the release that will play nice with Maestro.  Just read an older post by our fearless leader (Mr. Tim) that Maestro will require 2.O to work on a remote lan, as one might expect. Maestro is getting near estimated release time frame - this quarter. Sometimes a new product especially s/w driven can slip.

Release 2.0 is expected to have WAN support for the Flex 6k series, ie. remote usage.

Also suggested reading (on the tech side) is anything posted by Steve, N5AC and Gerald.

_..--

• Chuck Zappala
    Chuck Zappala Member
    edited October 2015
    Today at Pacificon, at Flex Seminar, Steve responded to the same question... They haven't updated the road map in a while, because they've been too busy.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Any interesting hints of what is coming down the pike?  ETA on Maestro?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry. Couldn't resist! No solid news has been released lately.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Tim - I just ordered my Flex 6700 last Friday so I haven't received it yet, but according to Matt I should be receiving it next week.  I pre-ordered a Mastro too, but was told I probably wouldn't see it until January.  I'm currently running an ICOM 7800 so I'm really looking forward to running comparisons.

Yes, Matt did mention v1.6 being the next release but he didn't mention any details.  But did also mention v2.0 will enable the WAN support, and other new features.

I checked your call on QRZ Tim and see we have a few things in common.  I was also first licensed in mid-1967 (WN4KFL). I'm also a licensed pilot (SEL/VFR), also did a lot of RTTY work in the 70's, and also an amateur astronomer (Meade LX200-12 SCT & HomeDomePro 10).

Thanks for the tips on the suggested reading.  I'll definitely check that out.

Butch
    KF4HR

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My favorite line from H-Heroes is  "You will be given a fair trial, after which you will be shot!"
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Butch,

Wow, pretty interesting we both like radio / flying / astronomy.  The last two can really crimp the bank account should one so choose.
    Having a dome for the scope must be very convenient.  Scopes here are a mix is TMB and APs.

Hopefully work on you on the air when the rig arrives.

Best Regards,

Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.