Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Radio 6400 - WSJT-x after 2.6.0 update not working at all.

Elliot Skultin
Elliot Skultin Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I believe i have completely corrupted CAT and DAX.   I have never been able to run WSJT-x from day one which was 17 months ago even after dozens of uninstalls, re-installs, and windows updates, it's never worked.

Things I have tried:
1. Multiple complete uninstalls of Smart SDR, DAX, and CAT, and WSJT-X, and removed all previous versions per Tim's recommendations. Currently running 2.6.0. SDR, and 2.1.0 WSJT-x 
This was the best update yet because I could finally transmit. Alas, receive was lost.
2. Once I had RX working and I cold see FT8 beautifully, but no more TX.    After installing 2.6.0, I lost all RX and could finally use TX with variable power.  Now RX is gone. 
3. Most current version of Windows update as of 9/20/2019

Questions: Should I abandon Windows and try a Mac?  I purchased the Flex 6400 to get into digital and it's been pretty frustrating. I think something is completely wiped out in the registry relating to DAX.  Maybe dozens of uninstalls and re-installs have killed it.   

Good news is Smart SDR 2.6.0 works fine for Phone...   Help desk ticket in the queue.  

If anyone has any ideas about how to clean up Windows, I'd be very very grateful.

All the best!

E.

Comments

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Once you have this all straightened out I suggest you enable System Restore Points on your Windows computer.

On Windows 10, System Restore is a feature designed to create a snapshot of your device and save its working state as a "restore point" when system changes are detected. In the event of a critical problem after installing an update, driver, or app, or after modifying system settings incorrectly using the Registry or another tool, you can use a restore point to revert your device settings to an earlier point in time to fix the problem without losing your files.

This will allow you to undo system changes that are causing you problems. If you enable it with the auto option it will create a restore point prior to any system update taking place. This will allow to have your system go back to a point  before the update took place.

You also have the option to manually create a restore point like before installing a new version of SSDR. This gives you a way to "back out" system changes.

Note: This feature is disabled by default. You have to enable it to use it

Here's a link with information on how to enable , etc.:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

Good luck with the WSJT-X issue. BTW - Flex 6700 Windows 1803 SSDR v2.6.0 WSJT-X working ok

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Elliot;
    I know this is not a lot of help, because I can't fix your problem. But to offer encouragement, I use a  6400 and run two instances of WSTJ-X receiving simultaneously on both instances and transmit on either one as needed, so the Flex and SSDR is totally capable of doing what you want. I just assigned slice a to DAX 1 and Slice B to DAX 2, assigned each in WSTJ-X. I start each instance with a batch file to assign the appropriate slice. Keep after it, it will work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.