Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex please add Flexlogger to the Works with Flex page.

N8FNR
N8FNR Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in New Ideas
Flex really should add a Flexlogger software link http://184.154.226.168/flinstallers/FlexLoggerSetup-0.1.0.3.exe to their Works With Flex page. https://www.flexradio.com/works-with-flex/

Comments

• AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My AV software says it's a virus and dangerous. Then there is the issue of what it is supposed to do for you. Where's the information or is it just a scam?
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My AV software has no problem with FlexLogger on my Windows 7 computer.
    My AV software on my Windows10 box also has no problem with FlexLogger.

Some AV software will flag software that writes to files, this is an intrinsic part of any logging software that works properly. 

All you need to do is add an exception to your AV software and the problem no longer exists. 

By the way, I have no part in writing FlexLogger, I am just an interested user.

Tim
  • AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I still am scratching my head trying to figure out what the software does as there is no information available that I can find.
  • Dave Spencer
    Dave Spencer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mitch, I posted the link to the community thread above 73 M1SKA
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mitch, I'm the author and my AV software says it is a virus and dangerous...

The reason is the IP address in the link. 

This upcoming week and weekend I will get a rudimentary site in place with an actual URL.  Then AV will be a little happier!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mitch, the software is in development.

See the link above.  It is a logging program designed to integrate very tightly with a FlexRadio and it makes use of much of the FlexRadio API to interact with the radio.

The features are:

Logging
    Integration with the FlexRadio including slice control
    Spots and posting spots to the radio
    Integration with WSJT-X
    Control of devices like SPE amp, KAT tuner, KPA amp
    CW panel that allows much more ability than the CWX panel in SSDR
    Audio recording and playback

It is going to continue to evolve!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.