Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX net

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
So the only FLEX users net is on Sundays or is there another one???  I'm thinking we need to set another net up if thats the only one.. chat, exchange idea's, setups, help, test, tweek, etc....

Anyone up for another net at another time??

David
KK4QOE

Answers

• Bob K4RLC
    Bob K4RLC Member
    edited August 2016
    When is the Flex net on Sundays? What freq?
    tnx,
    Bob
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I'm open to another also I'd like to know about Sunday as well. I'm open to creating a few other Flex Nets too. Make it so!
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    A previous post states

"20 meters 14.329 on Sunday at 1 pm central time"

Which is my recollection

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Could you chaps please post times in Zulu for the rest of the World, hi hi?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The only "FLEX" Net I am aware of is on 14.329 on Sundays at 7:00 pm Zulu
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    How many would like to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon in their shack instead of with their family and friends outside on a picnic, beach, trail run, biking, golfing, hiking, fishing.........
    Would anyone consider an evening during the week?      73, Jim
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    "How many would like to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon in their shack instead of with their family and friends...?"

Let me think about that difficult question for a bit.
  • Greg Leber
    Greg Leber Member
    edited March 2016
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Family?  Friends?  What are those?  hahahaha
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We have tried evening nets on 40 and 80m before.  They did not get a lot of traction, but I think the idea has a lot of merit and should be explored.
  • John Leonard
    John Leonard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    The Sunday time is kind of iffy for me but I will try and check in when possible. My hunch is that the more Flex sells radios the faster an evening net could get good traction. 

I have started using Net Logger some recently. Does someone know the steps to take to get a new Net displayed on that system? I have found the AIM (almost instant message) function along with the other window that shows who has already checked in along with those "Lurking" and might be ready to take a call... useful.

I also enjoy having the call signs names and States up on a screen so I can have a beam pointed in the right direction and most of the info for a contact logged into N1MM before I key the mic. I don't multitask as well as some (grin)

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    OK, point well taken...... foolish me.     ( Thanks for the laugh.)     Jim
  • Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I am a new flex user and wondering if in fact there really is a Flex net on 20 meters?

I will have a listen this Sunday night a 7 PM MST or 1900 Zulu------ Seems a bit late in the day for 20 meters.

Cheers

Larry

• olegrumpy 2014
    edited August 2016
    Hi Larry, there has been a flex net on Sunday. It seems they were having problems finding a net control. I ran the net once but I am usually in church
    when the net takes place. I'm not sure what the answer may be. I would take 
    a turn at net control however, using the present net time, I'm unavailable. I will continue checking on here in case times change.
    73 Jim
    WU7G
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    For those looking for the Flex Net,   It's Sunday at 1 PM CDT  or 1800Z  ,  14.329 MHz. 

It is also broadcast on -
    EchoLink,   node 79336  or my Call  WA5QPZ
    CQ100 on 14.329 ,    www.qsonet.com
    Podcast on   livestream.com/wa5qpz 

Replay of the podcast is available from the same livestream channel and past nets too..

Thanks,
    Dudley
  • Larry Williamson
    edited August 2016
    Thanks-- will have a list tomorrow and see what I here from Utah--- Thanks
    Larry
  • Larry Williamson
    edited June 2018
    Yep--- I knew I would forget about it ---Oh well, I guess I need to stick a post-it note on the screen for next week.
    Cheers,
    Larry
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

I checked in but band conditions were short and poor. Barely heard Dudley and nothing from west coast.

I think the meter ran out - "Need to deposit 25 cents for the next four months!"

Dave wo2x

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I was on the 20m net today and conditions were so so .but heard everyone on 14.329 at 1pm CDT

• ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I listened here-near Seattle- and heard nothing.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, a goodly portion of us are electrical/electronic geeks. We're fortunate if we have adequate social skills to navigate the basics of life, much less significant others or matching socks.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Also, you ever try a pleasant sunny afternoon in Dixie this time of year?? You might as well be in close solar orbit when the big shiny thingy goes nova.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I started a list of western USA Flexer's who would like a net on 40 or 80
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Well put me on the list. Oh, and by the way where is the list?
  • W7CHW
    W7CHW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    With a growing Flex community and the HF Bands in a slump it might be time to look at a World Wide Net on one of the many internet connected digital modes. DMR or DStar to name just two. 
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Boo!
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have it. Send me an email so I don't forget to add you to the list. W6CAW, good on QRZ
  • Conny
    Conny Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Please add me to:

Conny@N5HC.com
  • W7CHW
    W7CHW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Why Boo?

• Dave N2OA
    Dave N2OA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I like DSTAR but I'd rather be on a Flex net with my Flex. Maybe a 40m or 75m evening net would do better?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.