Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Meter V1.2

Denley W3XY
Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in New Ideas

In anticipation of upcoming changes in the Flex Radio API, I have updated the Flex Meter program that I wrote a few years ago. This is a program that gives access to the metering in Flex 6000 series radios via the Ethernet API.  I fixed some bugs and added some new features.  It is available for free download at www.denzone.com.

5 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Just what I was looking for, thanks! I had the old version and it ran OK but I do appreciate the new features in this one. 
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thanks so much...
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Been using for a long time thanks for the upgrade I'll redo my video on adjusting AGC-T with your meter some time this week. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thank You
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thank you Denley !
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Resource Limit Is ReachedThe website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
  • Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I went with a bargain web hosting company.  I doesn't do well in pile ups!
  • Mark
    Mark Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thank your Denley, I'm a relatively new Flex user and will take a peek at your web site to see what it  is all about.  73,  Mark.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, very useful to me. 
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank You Denley, I have used your app since V.1. If I could make one request, could you have an option to reverse the display color. Basically change to Black background and white font?

Thank you again for a great app!

• Al Senechal
    Al Senechal Member
    edited April 2017
    Thank you, great app....
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you for the making the program available.

Here is the direct link to the program in case the homepage is down:
    http://www.denzone.com/uploads/Flex_Meter_V1.2.zip

Eduardo, KC8R
  • Manfred HB9FLU
    Manfred HB9FLU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    thank you!

73 de Manfred, HB9FLU
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Help. It must be me. Everyone else seems to be running Flexmeter OK. 

I am running a Flex6500 with the latest software vs 1.10.16.

I am running Windows 10. SSDR runs fine, DDUtil runs fine. I use 2 flex controls. CAT runs fine.

When I launch Flexmeter 1.2 it comes up fine, BUT, it does not find my Flex6500. Nothing in the drop down boxes. If I run snapshot I get "Socket is not connected". 

Any suggestions???

Tom....
    K3TF 

• Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Check if you have Windows firewall blocking it
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Denley, 

That was it! Thanks for the help. I should have checked what I had the Windows firewall blocking first.

Still learning here.

Tom....
    K3TF 
  • Roger
    Roger Member ✭✭

Hi Denley,

Every time I try to get to your download site this is what I get "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe"

73 and good DX,

de Roger, NK1I

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Yes, I get the same thing... since the original post is 5 years old, I suspect the domain may have switched hands or been repurposed.

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

Would the software author allow placement of the Flex Meter files to a different place (such as on groups.io), for future usage? I've kept all of the files, including v1.2 and v1.3 beta. I've not used the software yet, so I'm not a source for help, but can provide the files to anyone in need.

• Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭

I have been having a hard time keeping the denzone.com web page up and running. When I get time, I'll get the page up again. Dewey, I am fine with you posting the files for others to use.

Denley, W3XY

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭

Can I get a download of this from somebody?

Can't access the website yet. :)

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

Send me your email address (see W0YWW listing on QRZ) and I'll forward files to you. Hopefully, your internet download speed is adequate. I have not had time yet, but will in next few days, determine best place to save these files, until W3XY gets his website working again.

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭

Since the author gave permission (many thanks!) to post, here is a temporary link to the V.13 Beta.

Note: The sha256sum is:

ddb7989db913ca84f28b0987830b831b6f7cbd3699e4d630a073ec45fb0afe02

One should check this along with a virus checker.

Any chance of the source code being placed on GiHub so others could learn to access the radio server and possibly extend the code?

_..--

K3Tim

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

There are several older posts in the API section that have some code examples of retrieving meter data. For me, the hardest part is recreating an accurate display and presenting it in a linear fashion.

James

WD5GWY

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

Attached zipped folder contains both versions 1.2 and 1.3 beta, along with author's writeup about the versions.

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭

Cannot access your site. Get this error message on several different prowsers.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

Humm.... maybe this website only accepts URLs. I did not see a callsign attached to your profile, so can't access your email address via QRZ. If all else fails, send me your email address and I'll forward the files (send to w0yww@CFL.rr.com). If the below doesn't work, I'll add the files to the Flex .io group -- please let me know if the below works (or not)... tks

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

Anyway to create separate meters other than click on the file twice or More. What I want to do is

have a Meter for Power Out, another for SWR, and etc without having to create a Meter then change the display, then create another and change it's display.

JoAnn

AB8YZ

• Create separate folders for each meter you want, copy the exe to the folders. Name each exe file uniquely such as FlexMeter.exe, FlexMeter1.exe and so on. Launch each one and set each to the meter display required with their preferred screen positions and any other settings. Close each to save and write their specific ini file.

Launch each via your favorite method: shortcut, taskbar, task scheduler, etc. Each instance will remember the meter you chose for it.

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

Erik,

Thank you for the reply. I now have it setup now. I have two icons. One says PWR and the other SWR. When I click

on each I get the correct Meter.

JoAnn

AB8YZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.