Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex meter is great for youtube

Ria
Ria Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I stream my radio on youtube sometimes, for special events and such. Often I don't want to show the entire radio interface but I want to show something moving, so what better than a bouncing S-meter and graph...

Something like this when I was listening to JE1LET this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja2onfrpOes

(He works WO2X at 15:30 or so)

Pretty slick. This is Flex Meter.

13 colonies (obviously not me at the mic):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBI7wzifjtg&t=35693s

Thanks!
Ria

Comments

• David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Really cool idea, Ria! Thanks for sharing. Interested what others are doing to stream live.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    BTW I use OBS and send DAX directly to it. It's pretty amazing that digital audio straight from the radio's FPGA is being sent over the Internet to YouTube!

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    haha that was nice hearing me work JE1LET. Very cool setup.

Dave wo2x
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Next up I want to put more data on screen without using SmartSDR, but I might have to build something for this. If I do, I'll share. 

• Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The denzone.com web page where the latest version of Flex Meter (v1.2)  is posted was down for a couple of days this week.  The web hosting company fixed the problem and as of this morning the web page is available.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ria, what;s OBS? Thanks
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    see here: https://obsproject.com/

73 Chris
  • Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have used OBS thru YouTube during a small local net so that others could see their output waveform on SSB as a means for tweaking their audio equalization. One issue tends to be the internet upload speed. With not great upload speed there is a lot of buffering and delay such that the viewing parties do not necessarily see a real time view but they sure get to see some great video.
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for sharing. I read up on FlexMeter. How do you go about sharing this on Youtube? Maybe a small HowTo document would be nice? Looking for information how to share FlexMeter, audio, maybe also pandadapter on a link as a live stream....

Thanks,
    Andy
    KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.