Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Maestro Factory Reset

John M5ET
John M5ET Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Maestro
Hi All,

A Maestro unit has recently come into our possession to go with our Flex 6300, due to a very generous donor. However it looks as though there's a software problem on it, as it doesn't seem to want to boot up properly.

Is there a way to perform a full factory reset on the Maestro unit at all? I know the tablet inside is a Dell Venue 8, and that the tablet itself should have a factory reset routine, but does anyone know whether FRS use a separate OS image that contains a base version of Maestro and will work with a standard reset, or whether it's a separate application that would need to be installed afterwards, along with custom drivers for the hardware? Obviously we don't want to render it irrepairable, but in the current state, it won't boot properly at all. On power-up, the backlight comes on, a spinning disc is then visible, followed by a mouse cursor, and then a 'swipe down to shut down' type screen. No sign of any Maestro software loading or anything.

Any help would be appreciated - we just want this to work! If we need a custom image or something, then perhaps FRS would be willing to send us a soft copy to install?

Thanks,

John

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi  John

There is no factory reset.   If you think you have an issue, please open a support case so we can address it.

While you are booting, make sure it is plugged into the wall adapter and on a LAN connection.  Hold down the power button for 5 seconds to power it up.

That is about all the user interaction available.

Mike

• John M5ET
    John M5ET Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hi Mike,

Thanks very much, will do. As a point of feedback for the future, it might be worth adding a function to perform such a reset?

John
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited March 2018
    I would imagine a "Dell" factory reset would still make it inoperable as a Maestro as now there would be no driver's for the Flex hardware. And a "Flex" factory reset might introduce so many other issues that Flex decided not to offer a "reset" path.
  • John M5ET
    John M5ET Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    That was my suspicion too, hence asking the question :) Hopefully we'll get something out of Support for it!
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If it has not been plugged into power for a while, the internal battery may be discharged.. Plug it into the power source for an hour or so, then try to boot it up..
    AL, K0VM

• John M5ET
    John M5ET Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    We had that problem originally, but got past it already! Left it charging overnight. But now we're getting the strange behaviour I mentioned at the start of the thread.

John
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

John, is the unit still under warranty?  I had a similar problem with a new unit and had to send it back to Flex.  I was told that there was a loose connection between the tablet and the Maestro hardware.  If it is not under warranty and you feel capable, open it up and check all connections.  That may save a trip back to the factory.

Good luck.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You should open a helpdesk ticket with Flex..
    AL, K0VM
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Why does it need wall power if it has a good battery?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    This has been discussed with engineering and at the moment, based on the design, there really is no requirement for a reset.  They feel that that way the unit performs now, that this achieves all that is required.

Mike

• Coi
    Coi Member
    edited May 2019

HI FELLOWS, THE SCREEN TOUCH SCREEN OF MY M A E S T R O THIS TO FAIL TO TOUCH THE VERTICAL LINE WHERE IS THE MENU .... when we touch that point it does not work .. the rest of the screen works normally, is there any hint for this ?? maybe a reset ?? thankful

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.