Flex Lockup on 1.10.16

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress

Hi,

I had successfuly run my Flex 6500 on Previous full release 1.9.13 for a few months often leaving it running for 24 hrs without any lockups.

I could not use the first recent Beta release due to numerous lockups with continuous audio tone requiring a long button press to reset.

I updated tp 1.10.16 on release and was lockup free until tonight when I experienced a lockup whilst listening to the radio. Same symptoms continuous audio tone and long button press required to reset.

Anybody else have lockup issues on 1.10.16 and does flex acknowledge that the problem still exists.

Not what I really want for the WPX contest.

Regards Andy M5ZAP

Photo of Andy M5ZAP

Andy M5ZAP

• 201 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Walt

Walt

• 236 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Its a Land Grab !!!  I see it here - big computer, no network (radio plugged into an ethernet port on the motherboard) 6500 with the current 10.16 software

Restarted SSDR and it was running about 55 MB.  DAX and CAT are also running.  No other programs, and have not touched SSDR - not even the vol. slider.

After 15 min, I am now up to 93 MB - WOW - The radio just keeps taking and taking.

lets wait a few more minutes ahh - now I am at 102 MB.

For kicks, I started running through the band switching and within about 30 sec. I was up to 260 MB. 

For people with small memory, I suppose this could just keep going until the computer just quits?

Time to shut down SSDR and start up again - back to 55 MB, but here we go, it slowly starts to climb on its own.

Win 8.1 - using Task Manager.

Opps - just hit 125 MB still going - now at 128MB  . . .   glad I have 16 GB on hand . . .
Will watch this and see if it ever stops . . .

Good Luck Tim - maybe pour a few pints for you there lad ?
Cheers
Photo of Harry Williams

Harry Williams

• 112 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I had a similiar problem with my Flex 6700 when I first hooked it up. It would start chewing up memory until the computer came to its knees. Finally figured out it was caused by my FlexControl which was hooked up through and external USB hub. Found that if I unplugged the FlexControl it worked fine. I removed the the USB hub and plugged the control directly into one of the USB ports on the computer and no more problems.

Harry
W0LS
Photo of Walt

Walt

• 236 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
its settling down . .

after another 10 min. it seems to be running between 130 - 135 MB.  and has not gone up any - with the radio sitting on 80 meters and not touched.  Maybe its topped-off?

But when I  start doing band changes, I can drive it up a lot higher.  I am now at 305 MB - was making band changes every 2 sec. for about a min.  Seems to go up 4 MB per band change.  I also did a few memory selection band changes.

Lets see if it goes anyway else on its own . .   untouched for 5 min. and its showing 291 MB.

Will let it run for 12 hours and see where it is.  I will let Flex decide if there is an issue - since I do not scan and I have left my radio on for months, it can't be too bad.  But maybe an indicator.

Cheers !    Will grab a few pints myself - its almost friday afternoon . . .
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
do some more band changes and wait, and do it again.  It will never settle back down to the orginal amount.  The memory issue is due to band changes.
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
That's a very interesting observation.  Just to be clear, I'm running SmartSDR v1.9.13.173 and as observed by others, it may be possible that there is a memory leak.

With my 6700 and 8 panadapters open, I was sitting at 460 Mb.  After a bunch of band changes I'm now at 535 Mb and every time I make a band change it grabs more memory and doesn't seem to release it.

I've played with it a bit more and now up at 674Mb and it still isn't releasing any of the memory it has grabbed.

Now at 728 Mb. 

I kept playing with changing bands and the size of the slices and it kept grabbing more memory and never releasing any of it.

Now I'm just sitting here observing and not making any changes.  I am seeing the memory usage slowly climbing up.  It climbed to 791.3Mb, paused for a while and is now slowly climbing up again.  Wow, it just keeps climbing up and just paused again at 842Mb before starting to climb again.   Shoot, if it keeps this up, it will eventually run out of memory and crash.   I've never had SmartSDR crash before, but this isn't looking too good.   I've done nothing but sit and watch the Task Manager and it just passed 900Mb.

I spent an hour on the phone, came back and its sitting at 1032.8 Mb and every time I change bands on any of the panadapters, the memory usage climbs.

If I close a panadapter, some memory does get released, but not much.  If I continue to close all of the panadapters except for just one, the memory drops down to 480+- Mb. 

Norm W7CK
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Gw0gei

Steve Gw0gei

• 193 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
After two weeks of no crashes,with one pc and radio reboot and power down included in the fortnight, I had another crash last night. Frustrating that this occurred with ten mins to go to the end of an rsgb monthly 4m contest whilst I was on a run.

I will lodge another help ticket over the weekend - no time today- but here are the basics again:

Latest release
W10 i5 very recent tower pc with 16gb of fast memory and nvidia 10 card
Connected via 100mb old switch in shack to router downstairs via cat 5
Pc had been running for last week as had the radio on 80 scheds.
D4 always running for time synchro
N1mm+. Set up in so2r mode
Tvtr is Kuhne tr70h. Turned down to 4w driving a Gemini 4 solid state pa

I used wsjt 10 for first hour working jt6m mode for one longer distance sched contact
Then went onto mainly ssb with occasional cw for next hour
In the last hour, whilst running on ssb, the audio started breaking up ( I record my cq using the red button and play it back with the green button with footswitch for ptt - crude I know but it works)
I knew the crash was coming from last experience and was watching the network monitor at the time - it never went lower than the full green bar reading and son in the same room was gaming in his pc on same network and had no disruption to his connection off the same switch.
I think as it was crashing either it spiked the power a bit via the tvtr port or the swr changed as my solid state pa tripped out
My audio from the voice recorder within ssdr started breaking up and the sure enough the radio disconnected
And disappeared from the ssdr window.
A button press did not restart the radio
It required the long press to reboot the radio
It came back on but in the 80m frequency I had he morning
I reloaded my 4m tvtr profile and the radio returned to 4m on my run frequency ( rather than the freq of 70200 which is stored in the profile -wierd? )

Hope that helps- I will submit a help ticket over the weekend

Steve gw0gei
Photo of Harry Williams

Harry Williams

• 112 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Well I just had my first crash with 1.10.16. I installed it on 3/28 and no problems until this morning. I use it everyday and its on from early morning until evening. I have lots of software installed on this computer. Running Win10 with latest updates. Rig is a 6700...no problems except this morning. SSDR hung and there was a loud tone coming through the speakers. Tried powering down the radio with the on/off switch but no luck there. Unplugged the 12V and plugged it back in and it came back ok.

Harry
W0LS
Photo of Michael Aust

Michael Aust

• 135 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Well, staying with 1.9.13

With that said, may wait before jumping into V2.0

Mike

Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Well, I had my first crash this morning.  It appears that the conditions were slightly different than what others have reported.  The Flex 6700 didn't crash, just SmartSDR.

As I reported yesterday, I have been playing around with the configuration of panadapters and slices throughout the day while watching the memory used by SmartSDR steadily increase.  Late yesterday, I took a snapshot of Task Manager with only 4 panadapters open and 4 slices.  Here's the snapshot.

Then sometime this morning while I was gone, the following.

Please note:  I am running SmartSDR v1.9.13.173.  I was able to restart SmartSDR without restarting the 6700.  The 6700 itself did not lock up or emit any noise.  Only SmartSDR failed.

I restarted SmartSDR, memory usage was initially at 124.8MB but continues to climb.  The last time I looked, it was around 1543.8MB.

It looks like a memory leak to me!

I've been running this version for quite a while now without any issues.  The only thing I can think of is that there have been a few Windows updates and it is possible something changed within the OS that is making it hard for SmartSDR to release memory. 

Seems to be an issue though!
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
two flex6700 crashes; One yesterday, one this am. Neither was a radio crash with the annoying tone; both required the long press of the power button to shutdown.
In both cases the 6700 had been on for about 4 hours; It was decoding 4 wsjtx slices;
win10, 1607; i7-6850; 32GB ram; machine was pretty idle.
This is almost as annoying as the dax corruption....
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
One other item I noted from both crashes, is that upon restart the number of slices open isnt what it was before the crash, nor on last power down; I run with all 8 panadapters, each with a slice.. On restart I had pans, 6 slices. They seemed a bit random as to which pan had which slice..
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Today everything has been running just fine.  Memory usage is running around 600MB+- and seems to be behaving quite well.   I have no idea why things went crazy yesterday.  I even rebooted and restarted everything yesterday and still had memory usage issues until it finally crashed.  Today, all is well......  This makes troubleshooting very hard!

Norm
(Edited)
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Flex staff,

What is considered the normal range of memory usage for SmartSDR connected to a 6700 running 8 slices?

Norm
(Edited)
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 919 Posts
  • 346 Reply Likes
Once the waterfalls have had time to get to full storage, it is something like 110MB per Panadapter.  Something around 1GB of memory is typical with 8 Pans running all at once after about 15 min.

We have indeed found and fixed a memory leak associated with changing bands as previously reported here.  This fix will be included in the next release.  That will also contribute to the memory in v1.10.16.
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Great job Eric.
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update Eric.  Hmmmm, now all I have to do is wait...........  Geez, that's hard to do.....
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Another 6700 lockup;  Had to reboot the radio with a button press; It appeared to only need a short press; Rig had only been on about 10 minutes.. All the pans and slices came back this time.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9199 Posts
  • 3561 Reply Likes
A normal button press that shuts down the radio indicates that the firmware was still running (the radio had not crashed).
Photo of Steve Jones

Steve Jones

• 104 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Following on from my last crash (see above - no tone but required long button press in middle of 4m contest) i submitted another ticket. Closed down now as ack as software defect which is logged.

I have closed down the radio and pc for 24 hrs on tuesday this week whilst away on business. Its been on since wednesday evening and did 80m cw contest wednesday night and 80m rtty test on thursday night. This evening after leaving it on 6m ssb i came back into the shack to hear the tone and saw the disconnect box up on the screen. Had to long press the button to reboot the radio. I have now left it running on 6m wsjt-x monitoring fsk441 ms mode overnight to see how long it stays up this time.

I hope we are going to get a release to sort this issue soon - if thats not likely i think we need advice on which version to roll back to.

Steve gw0gei / gw9j
(Edited)
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 563 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
On April 8 I installed 1.10.16, the radio ran solid on Win7 Pro until today after applying Windows update KB4015552. The radio crashed after 2 1/2 hours. A long press was required to bring the radio back online and all 8 slices returned to their original configuration.
Coincidence??

UPDATE: Rolled back Win7 Pro "April roll up" and had to do an "OKAY Power on Reset" to clear the crashing problem.
(Edited)
Photo of Bill  /  VA3QB

Bill / VA3QB

• 135 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I had my Maestro running today on 20M ....   I left the room and came back about 15 minutes later and it was at the screen where you select the radio but there was no radio to select.  I had to long press the start button to get a reboot then it was ok. This is version SmartSDR_v1.10.16   on a 6500.   The radio has DC removed every night. First loss of connection since install. I had been using  SmartSDR on my PC  a little bit earlier running JT-65.

Bill
VA3QB    
Photo of Jim Runge

Jim Runge

• 93 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
My 6500 also locked up today with the tone and needing the long power button push. Latest software and only other thing running on the computer was the wooden box S meter. This is the second time in two weeks that the lockup has occurred.
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Has anyone seen the lockup occur while just using the Mastero and Flex
Photo of Bill  /  VA3QB

Bill / VA3QB

• 135 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Yes
Photo of Dewey

Dewey

• 24 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I've had 2 lockups running Maestro to 6700.  Each required reboot of 6700 to restart. Rebooting Maestro did not help. At the time of each lockup, rig had been sitting idle for less than an hour -- nothing that I can associate with probable cause.  Both Maestro and 6700 are connected directly to a 100mbs unmanaged ethernet switch (it has never ever lost a packet; always reads zero).  I only run CW and SSB, no digital.  Rig has been running ok for about 2 weeks since last lockup.  I'm using version 1.10.16.
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Watch the memory usage of SmartSDR.  See if it is slowly climbing out of control.

If this is what is causing the failure, I believe I read that the folks at Flex are aware of the memory leak and have fixed it.  The fix will be in the next software release.

If it is not related to the memory leak, then I guess it is an issue that still needs to be addressed.  
Photo of Steve Jones

Steve Jones

• 104 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Surely the memory leak would eventually cause the pc to crash not the radio itself and would require the pc to be rebooted and not the radio?

Either way, as an active contester on hf and vhf, a lack of reliabilty is a big issue. This is an issue that should be sorted in a maintenance release as soon as the solution is found, rather than being delayed for a new features or 2.0 release.
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
I agree with that one!
Photo of Don

Don

• 109 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Just Had a lock up on 40 meters cw. In middle of a qso

Don...w2xb
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
The top fixes should be fixing the radio crash, dax corruption, ssdr memory leaks...
This is  getting very old...
Photo of Walt

Walt

• 236 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Thats for sure - very very old.  Had to reset DAX again to make WSJTx transmit tones.

here's hoping . .  
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
6700 locked up just now during a wsjtx xmission; It locked up in xmit mode and required a long button push.......   radio had only been on about 30 minutes...    

Upon restarting smart sdr, it wasnt very smart about the slices. While I had 8 pans, I only had 4 slices randomly distributed, all were in cw mode before I had 4 cw, 4 digu.
(Edited)
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
It happened again just flex and smartsdr.  I had just cycled with power off and within a hour it occurred.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9199 Posts
  • 3561 Reply Likes
I have a few questions.

1.) Are you running 1.10.16?
2.) Do you have any USB cables connected to the radio?
3.) To reboot the radio did it take a press and release of the power button or a press and hold (5-10 seconds) before the radio started powering down?
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
1.) Are you running 1.10.16?
***yes
2.) Do you have any USB cables connected to the radio?
***yes SPE 1.3k
3.) To reboot the radio did it take a press and release of the power button or a press and hold (5-10 seconds) before the radio started powering down?
***Long Press
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9199 Posts
  • 3561 Reply Likes
If you do not mind doing a little troubleshooting since you seem to have the issue frequently, can you temporarily remove the USB cable from the radio and see if that makes a difference?
Photo of Greg - KØGDI

Greg - KØGDI

• 78 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
James, you are not alone.  My 6700 will lock up just like yours and I have to hard press the radio to shut off and then turn it back on.  I'm hoping 2.0 will solve this.
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
USB Cable is removed from Flex 6300, Fresh start at 7:10pm 5/4/2017
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Lockup occurred with out USB Cables
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 804 Posts
  • 347 Reply Likes

Just slightly off topic and I did not want to start a new thread for this question but...

It is my understanding that SmartSDR will be announced at Hamvention 2017 but will it also be available for purchase during Hamvention or is just going to be the announcement?
Photo of Greg - KØGDI

Greg - KØGDI

• 78 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
It has been hinted, but they are not confirming anything at this point.  Best to monitor the board here on that Friday of Hamvention.
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
but will it fix the DAX corruption and radio crashes?....
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Who is having lockups not using USB cables connected to their Flex
Photo of Greg - KØGDI

Greg - KØGDI

• 78 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I just have the DV Dongle plugged into my USB.  Maybe I should try taking it out.
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
No usb cables here; have lockups and DAX corruption... 
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 563 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
Are OPs performing the two button count down reboot after a crash? Don't forget to have a copy of your profiles handy to restore.

My radio started crashing after a MS roll-up on Win7 Pro. Rolling back the OS update did not stop the crashing until I performed the two button reset. I am not using any USB devices.
Photo of Andy M5ZAP

Andy M5ZAP

• 201 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
I was having lock-ups with no USB cables but haven't had one for a few weeks now.
Photo of Steve Gw0gei

Steve Gw0gei

• 193 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
No USB cables in use here either. I have my 6300 up for sale and if it goes I will then decide whether to buy the 6700 as planned or to pick up something else as main contesting radio, depending on what has been resolved by then.
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 563 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
For the first time, today had a crash with the tone. The radio is running 1.10.16.91 PC is on Win7 Pro. No USB connections. The radio had been running for days. Needed a long press on the power  button to stop the radio. SSDR was still running. 
(Edited)
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 98 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Bill W2PKY,
What is a two button reset?
Dave KB1WOD
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 563 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
from page 178 of the SSDR user guide:

For the FLEX-6700/FLEX-6500/FLEX-6700R, while pressing and holding the OK button on the front of the radio momentarily press and release the radio’s power button.  You will see a radio console message that says “Reverting to factory settings” and a countdown timer starting at 5.  Keep pressing the OK button until the display counts down to 0 and the Calibrating message is displayed and the LED changes color.  For the FLEX-6300, simply hold the Power button while powering on for 5 seconds until the LED changes color. 

Profiles must be imported after this reset so be sure to export your profiles to a known directory so you can find them afterwards.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 98 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
OK I am running a 6300. Thanks
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 563 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
check with FRS on how to reset 6300
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 98 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Have not had a lock up in weeks, but had one just now. nothing on the 6300 USB ports. Tim see my other post for specific if you need them, or just ask.

Dave KB1WOD
(Edited)
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Just had a lockup with tone; was in rcv mode; Radio had been on 10 minutes.. Had not made a qso yet... was not running wsjt  no dax users. Had one cw skimmer running..
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 762 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Without going back and reading through all of the posts, I was wondering how many folks have performed a factory reset on their 6000 and still have had lock-ups?

I exported my profiles, performed a factory reset on my 6700, imported my profiles and haven't run into any more issues.  It might just be a coincidence though.

Norm
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 563 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
After months of solid, no crash, performance on 1.10.16:

I did the April roll up Win7 Pro update and started having crashes on 1.10.16 ...
Rolled back the April OS updates and continued to experience crashes. Only after performing the factory reset [ two button reset] on my 6700 did the crashing stop until a week later when the radio experienced a crash with the tone. This is the first time ever experiencing the crash with the tone.

So at first I thought the factory reset had resolved the crashing situation, but was disappointed to see the follow-on crash. 

I think it is advisable to perform the factory reset anytime the radio crashes.

Other than using a different Profile when it crashed with tone, nothing else was different on my 4790K PC.
Photo of Rick W7YP

Rick W7YP

• 72 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
I've done 3 factory resets but the freeze still occurs.
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Crash on the 6700  while xmitting on wsjtx; rig had been on for about 40 min... 
Will do a two button reset; this is very annoying..
Photo of Rudy HB9MHB

Rudy HB9MHB

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My 6700 crashed on April 28. at 21:32 UT after running for about a week and the next crash was on May 5th at 23.02 UT. Since the Win 10 update to 1703 three weeks ago it seems much better but not ok.

V1.10.16 with Win10 home, I7-6700, running PCALE (no scanning) and WSJT, Memory 650MB

Rudy
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 48 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Just today (5-7-17), I have experienced my first crash (6300) with tone.

NOTES:
> Long button reset 
> No P.S. reboot.
> Unit  had been on for abt 3 hrs and made a few short cw qso's. 
> No SSB mode used in several yrs.
> I can't remember when I ever experienced a crash like this. 
> ver.:1.10.16.91. 
> Semi-dedicated (CAT5 LAN) Win 7 Pro 
> Not normally connected to internet and was not when crash occurred.
> DAX, CAT running normally
> SKCCLogger program running
> No XVTR setups

Tom, W4TMW
Photo of Andy M5ZAP

Andy M5ZAP

• 201 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
First Lock-up of Flex requiring long button press for about 4 weeks after previously having a bunch of lockups when I first upgraded to 1.10.16.

The only possible link is I was running  CW skimmer with one Dax IQ channel which I haven't been running for a bit, I would have been running the skimmer when I experienced the problem before.
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

• 919 Posts
  • 346 Reply Likes
How many folks that have experienced this kind of long press lock up are running CW Skimmer (or DAX IQ)?
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I almost always have a daxiq channel on a cw skimmer; Typically 1 skimmer.
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 563 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
I have never run a skimmer or DAXIQ on my 6700. 

Eric: I am curious to know if SSDR can send any kind of command that might crash the radio? All my crashes revealed SSDR still viable but the radio required the long button reset. In fact to stop the frequent crashes after a Win7 Pro April roll-up I needed to do the two button count down reset to stop the frequent crashes. 

The one crash with tone was shortly after changing to a profile that had not been used for a long time.  

Radio has been running for days now with out issue.
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

• 919 Posts
  • 346 Reply Likes
I don't know of any commands that would crash the radio.
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
I also agree, since it is happening with Mastero and a variation of PC configurations. It leads me to conclusion it is in the FPGA programming.  It is also not related to USB cables since multiple configurations with and without are listed in the forum.
Photo of James Skala

James Skala

• 107 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Might need to contact the FPGA vendor and provide code and have them give it a once over.
Photo of dl9eri/oe9eri

dl9eri/oe9eri

• 23 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
First Lock-up of Flex with loud buzzing tone requiring long button press with 1.10.16. and simply listening to darc-radio in SAM Mode on a 6500 and i7 PC without any activity.
Photo of HB9CQK

HB9CQK

• 31 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Exclusively writing about lockups that can only be recovered from with a long power button press: If the problem is in the FPGA programming why did it not happen with version 1.9.13?
Photo of Dewey

Dewey

• 24 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I've had 2 lockups in May -- I only use Maestro, no PC. I've never ran skimmer or DAX-IQ.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.