Flex Lockup on 1.10.16

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
My 6300 would lockup while using 1.10.16 several times a day.  Usually in mid QSO.  I tried to solve the problem by using the hints I saw in this forum.  Solved the problem, I reverted to 1.9.13, and the radio is working fine at this time.  Still considering selling the Flex 6300 due to this problem.
Photo of Jim Ervin

Jim Ervin

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of N5LB - Lionel B

N5LB - Lionel B

  • 224 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
I ran .16 just fine until the latest W10. I tried just an OS upgrade to the creator's edition and the Flex seemed fine from the 11th until I finally did a clean install of the OS due to non Flex related software issues.  and I have only seen one lock up, and just monitoring the bands (20/40), and the restart was different from what many have described. 

All I did was s/d SSDR and then restart SSDR. Never touched the 6300.  SSDR did something odd with the radio setup screen - not all of the tabs worked.  So, s/d and restart again, never touched the 6300 and all was fine.  All remains fine. 

My sense today is that it some issue with the new version of W10 and not a 6300 hardware or SSDR software issue.  At least in my case.   My digging resulted in some kind error related to TrustedInstaller rights and SDRCat.  What kind, sorry I'm not that experienced hunting W10 issues.  I've bricked a few PC's OS messing around in the unknown. 

I am direct 6300 to the ethernet port on the PC.  This case may be an outlier.