Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex is keying by it seft?

Brad
Brad Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Flex is keying by it seft. Will be listening to it and it gets quite and look at it and it is keyed. It was unkey and went into house, came back out and it was keyed. This has happen 4-5 times.This is the 6600 M.

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Are you using it stand alone,,nothing connected?
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    using it on SDR, Check Vox and it is off. Last 2 times I saw that the Mox light on, That is next to the tune. All I had to do was click it and it unkeyed.  Of course that is where you key it. The red light will be on too where power button is. Am using a Heil mike and it is hard wire with a push button, and it will not be key thru it.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    In addition, are there any third party software programs (logging, ddutil, etc), connected?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I wonder if it will stop happening if you use the hand mic that came with the radio? Just a test.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Have ddutil. It is only use to get auto band switching and to control power to the PW-1 when on. Also have N3FJP logging. Last time it did it the PW-1 was off, but the logging is on.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I would have to try that. but the mike is hard wire, so you have to push the button to key it and it is the mike Flex sales. Will double check the connected on the button too make sure there is no short, and there is not.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    There have been a number of cases of strange things being reported with apparently no action on the operators part - many cases ended up being auxiliary control programs doing something unexpected. If that turns out to be the cause, you can isolate the problem tool by removing tools in turn. Look for any changes you made prior to the unexpected TX problem starting.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I did find something about PTT in DDUtil  and the box was check, so I uncheck it and everything is still working. will wait and see.
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Is vox turned on
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes Vox is off. I redid the push button use for keying. New stuff and will see maybe if that is it. Did that Sunday and radio been on all day Sunday and today since 8, good so far. Thanks everyone, Brad

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.