Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Insider communication

John VK3XM
John VK3XM Member ✭✭
I signed up for Flex Insider at the beginning of the year.  To date I have not received one.  Its my understand at least one has been published this year (Flex Insider communication on November 21st ).  What does one have to do to get on the distribution list other than signing up to receive them?

Merry Xmas everyone.

Answers

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I had trouble like this for some time.  The email system Flex uses does not offer users any online way to verify their enrollment except by noting whether they get any email from the system.  And Flex posts quite infrequently.   

One solution is for FRS to post more!   Failing that, to make sure the person signing up gets an enrollment confirmation.

Another thought: Flex could provide an archive of at least the latest several Insiders on the web site.

73 Martin AA6E
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Flex's business strategy behind the Insider has always eluded me.  Is it to make Flex owners feel more in tune with the company?  Or keep non-Flex owners in the dark?  In any case, my suggestion would be to rename the Insider, "The Latest Flex News" and post the entries on the FRS website.  This would benefit both current and future Flex owners.

• N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I signed up last year and still have not received a single "Insider" Maybe if they could send a test message.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2018
    Contact Sales to verify your e-mail address for the Flex Insider mailing list.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I've gotten them in the past but nothing in November, I'll check with sales.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, Tim, will do.
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I am in the same position. I used to receive them but have had nothing for some months. My email address hasn't changed so it seems that Flex's mailing list might have deleted a lot of recipients.
  • K7QDX
    K7QDX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I just signed up this morning and still didn't get the email. However thanks to the wonderful community it was reposted.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Tim,
    The last one I received was in January....how many have I missed?

It was labeled issue 1-17, see pic.

Should I contact Sales to get the back copies and verify I'm on the mailing list?

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.11.12
    Win10

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Same here, nothing in November.  I'll email them tomorrow.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I just checked my subscription info from a prior flex insider, looks like I'm still subscribed.  Was there really an insider email in November?  Guess we should get confirmation about that.
  • James Whiteway
    edited December 2017
    Robbie, there was an Insider sent out on the 21st of November. But, this latest one I have yet to receive. Maybe, I'm on Santa's Naughty List? :-)
  • Chuck - KJ6HT
    Chuck - KJ6HT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I received an email today from flexinsider@flex-radio.com. Graphically, it is not like your example but based on the from address and content I consider it a flex insider communication. I have received emails from this same address on Nov 21, Oct 25 and Oct 6. Here is the content of the email I received today without the graphics:

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to update you on our progress since the last Flex Insider communication on November 21st regarding production of your new FLEX-6400(M) or FLEX-6600(M).  We are very close to what we said at that time so let's get right to the point:
    1. The first wave of final assemblies went into burn-in starting on December 7.  Production testing is going smoothly.
    2. Later this week we will ship the first units to our field test team for more on air testing. Once on air tests are complete we will begin notifying customers for general shipment.
    3. The factory is rapidly ramping capacity to complete final assemblies from previously tested and calibrated PCB assemblies (See photos below).
    4. Watch your email so that we can contact you when you come up in the preorder list.  We will contact everyone in the sequence in which their order was placed.   
    5. FlexRadio will be closed on December 25-26 and January 1 for the holidays and we will be operating short staffed during the week between Christmas and New Years day.  
    Thanks again for your confidence in FlexRadio. 

Gerald
    K5SDR
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Maybe some of the communications about the new models are “not actually Flex Insiders.” And maybe they are only being sent to folks with the new radios on order. So I guess the question is have there been any actual Flex Insiders sent out this year after the 1-17 issue? Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That's what I was just thinking as well.  Probably just a product update and not a full flex insider.  
  • James Whiteway
    edited December 2017
    I do have a new 6600M on order. (ordered the Monday after Dayton/Xenia) And have been getting the Insider Updates each time they were sent out. Might be only a few have been sent out yet. Guess, we shall see..........

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    So there seems to be some confusion that I hope I can clear up.  We have several different types of email notifications collectively known as FlexInsiders. 

There is a general Insider that in past years was sent out to the entire customer base that provided a variety of information targeted for all FlexRadio users.  Over the past year or so, we have not released one of those because we have been really busy on create new software and hardware products.Hopefully, when things calm down a little bit we can start sending those out periodically again.

Over the past year, we have sent out FlexInsiders that are targeted mailings to specific customers that have products on order.  We did targeted communications based on earlier feedback were customers who didn't have products on order complained about the unwanted email they were getting.  So that is why some of you are not getting the FlexInsider.  As soon as the new radios and the PGXL amplifier start shipping, we will not be sending them out.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Tim! If there is a way to sign up for "all email communications" from Flex, sign me up. :) Even though I'm totally happy with my 6700, I'd still like to receive info about other products in case I get a wild hair and decide to get something new. :-D 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    I am sure you can.  Sales manages the customer lists for the different communications, just drop them a note to see what they can do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.