Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Do you know you customer metrics?

John - K3MA
John - K3MA Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in New Ideas
Other have expressed that reaching Flex is at time problematic.  I have also experienced the issues.

May I suggest if Flex does not have it already then they should get some call management software for their phone system and start tracking customer metrics such as...

1) # of rings to answer
2) # of calls to voice mail
3) Time on hold
4) Dropped call or hang up calls.
5) Number of calls
6) Average time per call

The there would be some facts to say if the phone customer service is good or not and some metrics to make decisions on staffing.  Or even to uncover employee behavior that is not in line with expectation.

It is not new and has been around for at least 20 years in one form or another.

Frankly, a ISO certified company should already have these metrics and be managing against them.
0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Perhaps the reason FRS has been able to be so innovative over the years is they choose not to operate like a ISO certified company and not to use that manpower that requires. 
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    WOW, I have yet to place a call and not speak to a "real" person rather than an answer machine at FLEX. IMO their customer service is outstanding. All this talk about a non-issue because someone did not get a response due to the staff being at Dayton. In visiting some of the other vendors that I knew well it was interesting that the support/sales staff was at Dayton and I am sure not answering the phones. I can not imagine an active ham would not know it was Dayton weekend. Just one old guys take.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I think it was great that Flex sent a Big Crew to the Dayton 2018 event, it helps both them (FRS) and us get better products in the long-run and they could hear 1st hand what customers want. Great to see they were there 
    73 Mike
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yep looked like they had a big crowd gathered around their booth. Saw several posts online where people had ordered Flex radios after trying them out.  And that's why vendors go there! :-)  Looking forward to videos popping up on Youtube showing the action.
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have found the help desk to be very responsive.  One of my radios went down while the gang was at Dayton, I had a reply to my E Mail inquiry within an half hour and a RMA an hour later.  I'm very happy with the service.  

Gayle K0FLY
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Wow, that's really over the top. Personally I have never felt short changed by the staff and was particularly pleased to see nearly everyone at Dayton. By the amount of the traffic at the booth, a lot of hams were well taken care of by sales, service, and engineering staff. The difference between FRS and the others was obvious in Dayton.

• mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You could really tell FRS had a great product there !
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Well I guess that is it the community has spoken.  Don't measure your customer metrics everything is perfect.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    The answer is yes, our phone system collects metrics and make business decisions based on them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.