Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Demonstration

David Holmgren
David Holmgren Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
My Flex 6400M is great.  I understand prospective Flex customer read these forums so since you can't look at a Flex at HRO I want to help you out and save the world from ICOM. If you live near me in the Chicagoland area I am willing to let you see my Flex radio.  Send me an email from my email on QRZ and we can arrange a time.  The more of these they can sell the more Flex can innovate.  K9RUF David

Comments

• Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    That is a great idea, as long as you take the usual precautions about giving out your address etc to 'strangers'.  I'm a bit proud of my shack and my Flex-6500 as well and might give this idea some thought myself.

Be safe and 73 - K5RHA
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Richard,

QRZ.com (and many other FCC database sites) show your licensed street address.
  • Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    True true.
    <shrugs>
    Just my paranoia slipping through the keyboard. Forgive me. lol
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    David, if you are on V2 you can allow others to log onto your radio and use it just the same as being in your shack, that is safer and people can use it from all over the world. After they are done just go change the password.
  • David Holmgren
    David Holmgren Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well sort of...It’s hard to feel the joy of the great VFO through an internet connection. I’m a trusting person and I believe there are still good people out there.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I ran my remote station at a club mtg the same night Mike VA 3mw from Flex did a virtual club meeting with u( abt 30 in attendance).
    Just had another successful remote operation with my Maestro and the rest of my remote station (on a laptop) up in Traverse City.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I share my radio with some elderly ham people living in a retirement home..that love to be able to use HF. They get on a couple times a week.
    This would never be possible as easy if it were not for Flex.
  • David Holmgren
    David Holmgren Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes the remote capabilities are awesome compared to the competition.  I just like the fact that I can turn knobs and run a mouse to do the same things.

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    me too, Plenty of good.  But for the others, there is;

+  My highly visible surveillance cameras.
    +  My "Beware of Dog" (He's 80 pounds) SIGNS.
    +  And then the "This Property Protected by Smith & Wesson".

Nothing is a guarantee, buy my local police think "morons" are far more
    likely to choose the neighbors to the left or right of me after looking at my
    place for a few seconds :-)  But you really just never know.  You do see
    Morons on video tape and also with dog bites.  You can also find a lot of
    Morons at the city morgue.

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.