Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Control Not Detected - New Unit for my Flex-6600

bahillen
bahillen Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just received a new Flex Control today and hooked it up. I get three lights on Control when plugged into computer for a few seconds and Port is picked up as seen in the Device Manager. Still does not detect Flex Control by SmartSRD.

Unable to get to work I searched this site and found Tim's communication about changing ports to a high number and I chose Port99 as Tim showed in his documentation. That port change works as explained but still no success after the reboot. I have a Flex-6600 and am using SmartSRD version 2.2.8.I am using Windows 10 version 1803 and the DAX drivers are working normally.

I get the Flex Control Not Detected message when I go to the Settings Tab and Click on Flex Control. Anyone have this problem? Any ideas how to run added analysis?

Bill
W9JJB

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Bill, I have the 6600M as well, and ordered my Flex Control on Sunday, so I expect it to arrive shortly. I will be watching replies as we may be seeing a trend here related to this new batch of units now shipping out???  TBD...  You would think this type of device would be plug and play!! My ICOM RC-28 sure was..

Robert
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    In your settings under Radio, is the Flex Control enabled?
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Bill,

That was the problem. I thought there was that enable block but didn't remember that it was on the Radio drop down.

I works now. Thanks a lot for the help. Robert, no problem it is plug and play, the problem is the operator was not wired for plug and play. 

Bill W9JJB

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    OK, that is GREAT news!!! That is why I Love This Group!!! Quick Answers!!! I was just excited to see an email that did not start with "Heat Sink"!!! LOL

Robert

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.