Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Control driver will not load at all

James Del Principe
James Del Principe Member ✭✭

Using a Flex 6500 - SW 1.4.16.  My Flex control, which had been working has quit. I followed the procedures, "How to Manually reinstall a PowerSDR Flex Control" and "Removing Hidden or "Ghosted" Com Ports" several times. I had done these procedures previously - restored the Flex Control - and had no trouble with them so I am familiar doing it.

The driver "Flex Control USB Control Knob (com xx)" never loads. Of course, in settings, the Flex Control is greyed out.

Using device manager, I have checked the com ports and there are no conflicts.

Flex Radio Virtual Serial Ports com14, com15, com4 and com5 show up just fine.

In Step #8, Plug the Flex Control into a USB port, it never recognizes the device.

The radio works just fine otherwise. Only the Flex control refuses to work. Any thoughts or suggestions?           73, Jim

Answers

• Bill Turner
    Bill Turner Member
    edited January 2017

Here's something that might help. My Flex Control had been working perfectly until I rearranged my desk and moved my computer from one side to the other. All of a sudden, no Flex Control. I tried everything: reinstalling SSDR, com port assignments, everything short of reinstalling Windows. Then I found a short statement in the manual which fixed the problem. Once you install Flex Control you must ALWAYS plug its USB plug into the same USB port on the computer. Voila! Problem fixed.

This may not be your problem, but it is something to keep in mind. Hope this helps.

73, Bill W6WRT

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    If the problem persists, I recommend that you open a HelpDesk support ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) so we can investigate further one on one.
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015

Bill, thanks for the reply. I did try that but also the driver for the Flex control does not load.

Tim, I just opened a ticket for this. Many thanks for the fast reply.   73, Jim

• James Del Principe
    edited March 2017
    Tim, is there a time we can discuss this?    I am at wits end, having tried your procedures several times. Many Thanks, Jim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Jim - Please submit a HelpDesk support ticket so we can do personal one-on-one support with you.
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015
    Tim, I submitted a Help Desk support ticket last night and again just now. I hope this helps. Let me know if you did not receive them. Thanks, Jim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    There are no new tickets in our queue submitted under your account.  Did you log on to the HelpDesk web page and submit your request?
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015
    Yes, Tim. I have done that twice now. Once last night and once today.  Not sure what went wrong. I will try again.       Jim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I see your ticket now in the queue.  We'll be with you shortly.
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015
    Tim, I wanted to follow up to close the loop and let you know what the problem was. It turned out to be a defective USB port. Once I resolved that, it worked just fine.   Very Best, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.