Flex community forum and Firefox

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
I have been unable to post items to the community forum using the Firefox browser.  If I switch to Msoft Edge, all is well.  I'm currently running Firefox 63.0.3 (64 bit) on a Windows 10 Home system at current maintenance level.  Have tried flushing the browser cache and cookies to no avail.  What happens is this: If I log in successfully and try to post a reply, I'm prompted to sign in again even though I'm already logged in.  I'm aware of the fact that at least some other users with a similar software configuration are able to use Firefox here OK.  Any ideas?
Photo of K8AC

K8AC

• 47 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 445 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
I only use Firefox I've never had any problems
Photo of Dave - N6XVZ

Dave - N6XVZ

• 42 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 459 Posts
  • 137 Reply Likes
You might also have some issues with extensions you have installed, try disabling all of them and see if it makes a difference!
Photo of K8AC

K8AC

• 47 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
OK - problem resolved.  Regarding third party cookies, the option is to block them or not and they were NOT blocked.  But, somewhere below that in the "improved" options page addressing security and privacy, the option was set to block cookies and user data.  Seems more logical to me to group those things together.  No idea how the option was set to block cookies, or why the Flex site is the only one that was not liking that.  I know it's fairly easy to add code to the web server to detect when a browser is set to reject cookies and the user can then be notified of the fact.  It would be nice to add this to the Flex server.  Anyway, thanks for the comment on the third party cookies as that led to the solution.
Photo of Dave - N6XVZ

Dave - N6XVZ

• 40 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
The Third party cookies issue arises from the use of a vendor's solution to host this site, community.flexradio.com.  As you probably know it  uses Flex domain name but is really run by getsatisfaction.com.  I imagine the suggestion for notifying as you pointed out would be directed at getsatisfaction.com folks.  Good point.