Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6x00 and Micorham Station Master

Lorenzo Mendini
Lorenzo Mendini Member ✭✭
Hi, i have a question i need to connect my Flex 6300 at my station master made from microham, i have build the cable but i don't know how to set properly the software, anyone can send me some screenshot of his configuration.
Many thanks bye bye

Answers

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ciao
    the best approach to drive SM is by flex USB interface+(suggested) USB to Serial adpater

• Lorenzo Mendini
    edited July 2019
    Ok Don, please call me as soon as possible, many thanks.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ok 
  • Lorenzo Mendini
    edited July 2019

anyone can confirm that the followed wiring diagram are correct?

Pin # Label Description

TIP TXD CAT DATA output from SM

RING1 RXD CAT DATA input to SM

RING2 RTS +12V output, max.1mA. Connected to input power via 10K ohm resistor.

SLEEVE GND Connected to the system ground and case.

i don't undestand how to connect the RING2.. i need to put one resistor in the cable?

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Adriano,let me give you more details (the configuration that I have)

a) on flex/smartsdr configure a CAT cable (see smartsdr cable management section)

b) Station Master JUMPER SETUP : the RS 232 LEVEL is required  (see manual extract and picture below)

imageimage
    b) the CAT connection cable  from RS232 to Station master , see below

• Lorenzo Mendini
    edited July 2019
    Nothing to do in microham router? Many thanks
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    not clear to me, what do you mean for microham router ? what do you need to achieve ?
  • Kari Gustafsson
    Kari Gustafsson Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi Don, Does your Station Master integrate 100 % OK with the Flexradio with the Yeasu CAT cable? 73 Kari SM0HRP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.