Flex-6700 when using FT8 shifts freq on transmit

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered

I have 6 slices open: 4 on FT8 on 3.57, 7.04, 14.07, and 21.07: One on PSK 14.08 and one on 14.3 SSB.
FT8 works fine on 14.07. However, when I tried to change slice to a different frequency: The FT8 software defaults to 20 meters. I've disabled all the receiver DAX commands on the slice and the DAX transmit.
When I enable DAX transmit and receive on 3.57 other frequency 7,04, 21.07: FT8 automatically reverts to 14.07.
I have gone as far, as to shutting off  FT8 and the Flex radio and  restarting it, to no avail.  Where am I going wrong or missing? THIS IS NOT A FRS PROBLEM ... That I am aware.

Ps. I am trying to be back on the air after one long month been off the air to get my Hy-Gain 18HT repaired due to hurricane Irma. 

Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 190 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 190 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Official Response
After looking at the  problem, I figured out that Ria's hint of the CAT problem can be solved by creating a Slice: A, B, C, D etc... Or as WB5NHL has done, by using different local host port; such as 6001, 6002 etc...
I chose to do the TCP: Port 5002 and Slice A,B,C,etc... Which now, I can  switch to different band frequencies. This method works without having to turn off the DAX on one slice so the next frequency slice can work.. AL, K0VM relies on the "auto switch." And that depends on remembering what's what, where;: which requires more than my memory holds.