Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6700 transmit on digital modes quit working

Doug
Doug Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Had Fldigi and WJST-X working. But now neither produces any transmit audio out of my 6700 running SmartSDR v 3.0.27 under Windows 10. DAX Control panel shows blue TX and transmitting, but with TX Gain at 100, no audio level is shown with either program indicating transmission of digital data. Windows Sound control panel shows input level at 100% for DAX Audio TX. P/CW panel shows blue DAX. Slice A panel shows red TX and DAX channel 1. Fldigi shows Playback on DAX Audio TX.  However, MIC still yields transmit audio. Windows feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 failed to install on 8/29. (version 1809 successfully installed on 2/21/2019.) Most recent Windows Quality Update was KB4523205 for Windows 10 version 1809 successfully installed on 11/12/2019. (tested this on 80 m, 20 m, and 2 m.)

Comments

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Did you check FLdigi and WSJT to make sure the setting pointing to DAX audio path has not been lost ? Andy K3UK
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for the reply. I checked that Fldigi Audio Playback setting still points to DAX Audio TX. I also checked that WSJT-X setting still points soundcard output to DAX Audio TX.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I think if there is a DAX Channel has turn RED then it is a Driver is broken issue due to windows 10 UPDATE you may not have noticed a WIN10 Update but that is what breaks the older DAX Drivers in 3.0.27.
    You should probably uninstall every thing including the DAX Driver using the Manual DAX Removal method then install SmartSDR 3.1.8,  https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSDR-for-Windows-from-your-PC.
    and the DAX Drivers https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204017069-How-to-Manually-Re-Install-DAX-Drivers

This is pretty well documented by Eric a while back on this group,  3.1.8 takes care (SO FAR ANYWAY) of the Windows updates causing this that have been installed up to version 1903 plus a couple smaller updates. 

Hope this helps and 73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for the reply.  Please clarify what is meant by "DAX Channel has turn RED."  On the DAX Control Panel, the TX icon had a blue background.  On the P/CW panel, the DAX icon had a blue background.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    maybe I red this wrong, you said    "Slice A panel shows red TX and DAX channel 1."
    If all the DAX channels are named correctly then never mind but Windows has a a bad tendency of renaming them which breaks them.

Bret
    WX7Y

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Again I'm going to say the weakest link in the Flex system is DAX. This software is flaky, sometimes it works flawlessly and at other times it's a pain to use.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    During the course of operation, digital transmission was restored.
    Trigger event causing failure remains unknown.
    Trigger event  causing restoration remains unknown.
    Suspect it could happen again at any time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.