Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 outstanding in WPX

Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My QTH is in Upstate New York. I'm running my 6700 into a THP amp for 400 watts out to a Hustler ground mounted 6BTV vertical,

Had a lot of fun during the contest.  I was able to pick up some good QSO's  including ATNO Tonga A31MM. Also ZL4YL , VK7GN, JH4UYB, JE6RPM, and a bunch of strong Russian stations. Japan, Hawaii and Alaska were coming into the east coast very loud. Lots of SA and a number of EU including Greece, Estonia, Sweden, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Moldova, Hungary, etc. 

While some ops were complaining that there was no DX I was making great QSO's. The signals on 20 and 40 were there. You just had to dig them out. My Flex 6700 came through like a champ!

Comments

• Tony C kc2dis
    Tony C kc2dis Member
    edited September 2018
    Pat, whereabouts in upstate NY? I am near Potsdam NY.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Webster, about 15 miles east of Rochester
  • Tony C kc2dis
    Tony C kc2dis Member
    edited May 2017
    Nice to know there are other flex users up here!
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    You are so right, Pat. When you can see the signals over the whole band, and easily move to them, is where the Flex shines. I don't even like contesting with legacy radios any more.
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yeah...will have to ditto that....my 6700 did great this weekend....also, .....was raised in Rochester...but been here in Oklahoma since 1969....wn2gtq was my Rochester callsign...
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I am lucky enough to be on the Alpha team and even though I participated just a few hours, I was using the latest alpha release. Its always a risky proposition running a contest with alpha software but I can say the whole experience was exhilarating! I only operated on 40 and 20 since thats what I was sure would be the most used bands. The Steppir tracking via USB->Serial adapter from my 6700 worked flawlessly, as did my Acom 2000A with my radio. I did a bit of band hopping between the two and after 2-3 times, I stopped even looking whether my station was following my actions.

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    You are a brave man Neal! 8^) A pretty good test though. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.