Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 on the ISS

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in New Ideas
I saw the link below.  I reflected on the currently running ads in QST CQ etc.  Beautifully simple, without explanation of what that exactly means....just don't think it conveys a brand message.

But, here's an idea for you....."if its good enough for NASA it should be for you too"

Well just a thought guys.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/glass-update-flex-6700-on-iss

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    From: https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/guidelines/index.html

"If the NASA material is to be used for commercial purposes, including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey NASA's endorsement of commercial goods or services."

You can't/shouldn't commercialize everything.

But it is entirely cool that their radios are overhead.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Then just state the obvious. If it’s good enough to be used in the ISS it’s should be good enough for you. And have a pic of ISS
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Use of the name "NASA" = explicit.
    Use of just the ISS reference in advertising = implicit endorsement.
    Neither is allowed.

Disseminating the information like they did in this community is the appropriate use.

These guys know what they're doing.

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I think EME received QSLs from dozens of EME stations at Areciebo [sp] radio telescope (even though time didn't allow a reply on air) and now the new FT8 DXpedition mode are two more exciting mind boggling inovations.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Flex missed a great opportunity!!! When Musk launched his car into space with the Heavy Lift rocket, their should have been a Flex Radio on the dash,, I mean the robot needed a way to talk back to earth.. That would have been cool!!! :-)  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.